ACL for Reolink push notifications from a restricted VLAN

2024-07-31 23:17:35
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

I have my Reolink NVR and PoE cameras on a separate CCTV VLAN with ACL to restrict it from accessing the inetrnet (LAN > WAN, Deny).

Anybody has a working ACL rule for alowing Reolink's push notifications? I hear it's pushx dot reolink dot com in the US.

Options
1 Reply
Re:ACL for Reolink push notifications from a restricted VLAN
2024-08-01 01:10:15

Hi @WantToLikeOmada 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This kind of question is hard to be answered.

Basically, I expect no one can give a satisfied answer.

To address this, you should know the Wireshark or know how to capture the domains from the Reolink it uses for connection. You need to monitor the program or packets from the port of the Reolink it uses.

Or you have to search on the Internet to see if anyone knows a list of the domains which the Reolink uses. Or contact the support from Reolink for a direct question about the URL it uses.

If nowhere can be found, it rely on yourself by the first solution I gave. Maybe you gotta identify the servers by yourself.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 129

Replies: 1

Related Articles