Omada WIFI Speed

Omada WIFI Speed
Omada WIFI Speed
2024-08-08 12:56:57 - last edited 2024-08-09 03:12:15
Model: EAP610-Outdoor   EAP653  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have multiple EAPs at work with an Omada OC300 controller. All of the EAPs are using POE and are installed on four different floors. The problem is that the internet speed varies drastically between the floors. On the 4th floor, it is less than 2 Mbps, while on the 2nd floor, it is around 300 Mbps. How can I set them up to achieve optimal results on all floors?

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada WIFI Speed-Solution
2024-08-08 15:14:14 - last edited 2024-08-09 03:12:15

@ZER0_o 

There are a few things you gotta look before just reading a speedtest results.  When you log into the controller, goto the client list, and click on the 3 DOTS on the far right.  Then click on all columns.

You will want to look at the channel, Wireless conecction, signal, RX and TX.

Lets make confirm which AP the client is connected to while the speed test is happening.  During that time, lets check the signal levels.  

If the client is not connected to the proper AP (closest one to it) then you will probably enable Fast Roaming.  If that doesnt work, then adjust the Mini Rssi levels on the 5ghz and and 2.4 ghz.  -73 is a good place to start.  

Then you need to look at the signal levels after the change above.  To confirm its getting good signal.

Then you will need to look at the RX/TX if its low numbers, you could have a old wireless client OR there is interference.  Use WiFi Optimization to find a better channel. 

This is the gist of what you need to look at.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada WIFI Speed-Solution
2024-08-08 15:14:14 - last edited 2024-08-09 03:12:15

@ZER0_o 

There are a few things you gotta look before just reading a speedtest results.  When you log into the controller, goto the client list, and click on the 3 DOTS on the far right.  Then click on all columns.

You will want to look at the channel, Wireless conecction, signal, RX and TX.

Lets make confirm which AP the client is connected to while the speed test is happening.  During that time, lets check the signal levels.  

If the client is not connected to the proper AP (closest one to it) then you will probably enable Fast Roaming.  If that doesnt work, then adjust the Mini Rssi levels on the 5ghz and and 2.4 ghz.  -73 is a good place to start.  

Then you need to look at the signal levels after the change above.  To confirm its getting good signal.

Then you will need to look at the RX/TX if its low numbers, you could have a old wireless client OR there is interference.  Use WiFi Optimization to find a better channel. 

This is the gist of what you need to look at.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 144

Replies: 1

Related Articles