eap690e HD stops transmitting when no internet or gateway - in omada it says heartbeat missed

eap690e HD stops transmitting when no internet or gateway - in omada it says heartbeat missed

2024-08-10 11:57:46 - last edited 2024-08-10 12:09:53

Does any one know why the eap690e HD (or any other model) stops transmitting when internet or gateway is down? when i check in omada sdn, it says missing heart beat. the minute internet and or gateway is up, ssid starts transmitting again. this is really troublesome. no vlan or mesh, just a simple network..which makes creating and testing vlan difficult from a device hooked up on the WiFi.

I have an asus ap on the same network and it stays up.

it's as if this is a "feature" of some sorts.

Options
5 Reply
Re:eap690e HD stops transmitting when no internet or gateway - in omada it says heartbeat missed
2024-08-12 06:02:39

Hi  @b101 

When you mean no Internet or gateway, are you referring to Omada SDN gateway?  and it's also managed by the Omada controller?

How is the controller connected with the EAP?

Explanation of HEARTBEAT MISSED: It's a transition status between Connected and Disconnected. Once connected to the controller, the device will send inform packets to the controller in a regular interval to maintain the connection. If the controller does not receive its inform packets in 30 seconds, the device will turn into the Heartbeat Missed status. For a heartbeat-missed device, if the controller receives an inform packet from the device in 5 minutes, its status will become Connected again; otherwise, its status will become Disconnected.

Do you have some constant internal wireless transmission running on the EAP690E? If yes, what kind of service/wireless clients are they?

Options
Re:eap690e HD stops transmitting when no internet or gateway - in omada it says heartbeat missed
2024-08-12 14:45:04

@Vincent-TP 

Hello,

I use omada sdn to manage my switches and AP.

when the gateway is down(pfsense with dns,dhcp,gateway,firewall), the AP stops broadcasting for some reason. the minute gateway is up, SSID is visible and wifi starts working again. I have an other non tplink AP, that one stays up regardless of gateway availability. everything is on 1 network, same subnet, no Vlan.

thanks

Options
2024-08-13 02:33:54

Hi  @b101 

That's weird. surprise

When the SSID stops broadcasting, is the EAP690E LED light still on? How did you power on the EAP690E?

Options
2024-08-13 03:24:59

Hello @Vincent-TP 

POE injector but power is unrelated to this as I can provoke the issue by simply downing the gateway.

Since I adopted it in omada sdn, I don't know where full system device logging(for the AP) would be and whatever I can find on OSDN, is really poor in detail. 

Options
2024-08-13 06:20:37

@b101 

This is the first time I've received this kind of feedback.

The EAP broadcasts the SSID as soon as it is powered up, and it has nothing to do with whether there is a gateway in the network or not.

So to know more details, can you tell me the LED status of the EAP when you notice the issue?

Are you using the included POE adapter to power on the EAP? If not, please tell me the model number of the POE adapter you are using.

When the issue occurs, all wireless clients can't see the SSID?

Will the SSID show up again as soon as you re-plug the gateway?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 195

Replies: 5

Related Articles