Entire Wireless Network Persists in Power Save Mode

2024-08-19 01:48:04 - last edited 2024-08-20 02:53:53
Tags: #VLAN & Multi-Networks #power saving
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.14.20.9

Every device that is part of this same wireless network has the green light-bulb icon regardless of activity from multiple devices over several days. This is a wireless network for only cell phones.

I thought this was referring to the client entering power saving mode; however, the text says it is the "wireless network" that is in power saving mode. None of the other networks on the same EAP's have this icon next to them in the Clients sub menu.

I cannot find any way to turn this power saving mode off in the software controller nor any reference in the manual. It will not do it automatically. If there is documentation for this feature, I would love to have a link, please. Windows Omada Software Controller v5.14.20.9

All of the devices on the wireless network in power saving mode have a hard time getting internet connectivity or it drops during active usage or pages load slowly.

I have another specialized network containing select cell phones that does not have the power saving mode icon active, and they are not experiencing the connectivity problems. Other networks containing IoT and computers do not have this icon and no connectivity problems. There is no scheduling associated with this wireless network, nor any other.

Thank you,

LM

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Entire Wireless Network Persists in Power Save Mode-Solution
2024-08-19 10:47:17 - last edited 2024-08-20 02:53:53

@LincolnMcCurry 

you set power saver on the access point properties, config and advanced

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Entire Wireless Network Persists in Power Save Mode-Solution
2024-08-19 10:47:17 - last edited 2024-08-20 02:53:53

@LincolnMcCurry 

you set power saver on the access point properties, config and advanced

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Entire Wireless Network Persists in Power Save Mode
2024-08-20 03:15:38

Hi  @LincolnMcCurry 

Options
2024-08-20 03:16:39

@MR.S 

Thank you for your response. I checked each access point > config > advanced. Only 20% had U-APSD enabled. I unchecked and hit apply and confirmed the setting is off on all access points now.

So far, no change. I will give it a few hours to see if the power saving status of the wireless network reconciles with this change.

Options
2024-08-20 10:51:59

@MR.S 

Even though U-APSD is confirmed disabled on all wi-fi ap's, the cellular devices still enter power save mode along with a few other clients. However, I do see them drop out of power save mode now when active downloads are displayed in snapshots since the Omada controller app is not realtime.

I will wait to see if any of the clients continue to complain about issues. It is odd that power saver mode is still working after the U-APSD feature is disabled. But at least it is working correctly it seems.

Options
2024-08-20 23:51:21

@Vincent-TP 

@MR.S 

Unfortunately disabling U-APSD on the access points did not solve the "wireless network power saver mode" issue. crying

I disabled both 2.4 and 5ghz tabs (no 6ghz devices) and saved and confirmed.

I even rebooted all AP's. The issues is not as noticeable when browsing except it is slow or pauses for a moment. It is most obvious if playing an interactive game, which highlights the other network glitches. That results in constant "cannot connect to server" errors. It refreshes the connection, it works, then repeats connection interruption.

Maybe I am wrong about the cause, but the issue only impacts Android and OIS clients. Windows 10/11 have no issues.

Vincent-TP wrote

Hi  @LincolnMcCurry 

Any ideas are welcome. 🙏

Options
2024-08-21 01:40:27

Hi @LincolnMcCurry 

Please show us a screenshot of the Device page so we would know what EAPs you are using.

Moreover, please also let us know the wireless utilization of your access points. 

Options