Best TP-Link Ceiling Mount Access Point

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: EAP772  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.13

I am a newbie here and need some guidance. I am setting up a Wi-fi network in a bungalow (land size about 30,000 square feet) with about 10 rooms. I bought an EAP772 and EAP773 but I don't think this models are suitable for my purpose. Kindly advise which Ceiling Mount Access Point from TP-Link is most reliable (Wi-Fi 6 should be sufficient) as the users will not be more than 20 in the environment. Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Best TP-Link Ceiling Mount Access Point-Solution

@Newbie28 

You can consider product from this page:omada-wifi-ceiling-mount

You can choose from a variety of AP types.Higher negotiation speed products are better able to handle speed.Additionally, you can click on the product to learn more about it.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Best TP-Link Ceiling Mount Access Point-Solution

@Newbie28 

You can consider product from this page:omada-wifi-ceiling-mount

You can choose from a variety of AP types.Higher negotiation speed products are better able to handle speed.Additionally, you can click on the product to learn more about it.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Best TP-Link Ceiling Mount Access Point
3 weeks ago

@Hank21 

Many thanks for the recommendation. My plan is to use 3 TP Link Omada switch connected to OC300 Controller to control several Ceiling Mounted Access Points. Kindly advise how to assign different SSID for each of the band (2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 6GHz) and if it is recommended to have the same or different SSID?? If we assign the same SSID for several AP's, will the client be able to automatically roam from one AP's to another? Will it be based on the signal strength??

Options
Re:Best TP-Link Ceiling Mount Access Point

@Newbie28 

Please watch the APs' setup video to learn how to set up a different SSID for each band.

How to Set up a TP Link EAP via a Web Browser

How to: Set Wireless SSIDs for Different Users via the Omada SDN Controller

You can assign the same SSID to all APs or use a different SSID. There is a feature called fast roaming that allows clients to roam between different APs quickly.

Basic introduction to AP Mesh and Fast Roaming

Options