EAP 215 Bridge Kit SSID

EAP 215 Bridge Kit SSID

EAP 215 Bridge Kit SSID
EAP 215 Bridge Kit SSID
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: EAP215-Bridge KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi There. I've just installed a EAP 215 Bridge Kit to allow for CCTV cameras to be viewed remotely from a remote location. They have linked together successfully, I have taken a LAN out of the POE injector into the Camera NVR and everything is working as expected.

I am using the Omada Software Controller to manage these devices and have a question about enabling WLAN. I have done this and created a new SSID but I am finding that the performance is quite inconsistent, especially in the upload speeds. My phone also shows sometimes that the network doesn't have an Internet connection.

The datasheet shows that a typical deployment scenario would be going out of the remote end and into an Omada access point but I'd like to understand if the devices have the ability to broadcast an SSID and carry this back up to my router and out to the Internet (reliably) or is there something I am missing. More than happy to get an AP and plug it into a switch at the remote side but want to make before I go out and buy something I may not need. 

Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP 215 Bridge Kit SSID-Solution

@_dx_ 

The bridge kit can broadcast the wireless signal, which you can then connect to. If you believe the signal is unstable, you can try using another AP to help broadcast the signal. The two units communicate wirelessly, so the interference between them would have a proper effect on the wireless interface.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP 215 Bridge Kit SSID-Solution

@_dx_ 

The bridge kit can broadcast the wireless signal, which you can then connect to. If you believe the signal is unstable, you can try using another AP to help broadcast the signal. The two units communicate wirelessly, so the interference between them would have a proper effect on the wireless interface.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:EAP 215 Bridge Kit SSID
a week ago

@Hank21 Thanks, this is what i suspect. I will get an AP and see how it goes. 

Options