Issue with Archer C64 on access point mode

a week ago - last edited Saturday
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.13.3 Build 240223 Rel.60864n(4555)

Hello,

I have an Archer C64 that is connected to a modem in bridge mode via an ethernet cable.

I set it up a while ago and was working for a couple of years.

But, the other when doing cleaning, I move it and put it on its back edge... the problem us that this is where the reset button is...

So the Archer did a factory reset, I thought I will just set it up in the same way.

- I enter the same wifi name and password for both 2.5G and 5G

- I put the Operation Mode on Access point mode

- Reconnect the ethernet cable

- reboot both the Archer and the modem

But after that, all devices were enable to connect apart from the laptop I used to access the settings.

I tried to change some settings like LAN IP type to Static (that's the only way to enable the DHCP server and after I switched back to Dynamic IP and DHCP Server is still active, not sure why...).

Now some devices have Internet while others don't and it seems to be random.

I tried to reset it but I got to the same place where either device can't connect and say they can't get an IP. Or I turn on the DHCP server and some devices have access and others don't. When the DHCP server is active, the devices in the DHCP client list seem to be the ones that don't have internet access.

Any ideas?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Issue with Archer C64 on access point mode-Solution

@Limejuice 

If your ISP modem is in bridge mode then Archer C64 should be in wireless router mode and do the NAT for your local network.

If the ISP modem is doing NAT already then Archer C64 should be in AP mode to avoid the double NAT in your local network.

When in AP mode C64 should have its DHCP server off, because your ISP modem would rely its own DHCP server.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Issue with Archer C64 on access point mode-Solution

@Limejuice 

If your ISP modem is in bridge mode then Archer C64 should be in wireless router mode and do the NAT for your local network.

If the ISP modem is doing NAT already then Archer C64 should be in AP mode to avoid the double NAT in your local network.

When in AP mode C64 should have its DHCP server off, because your ISP modem would rely its own DHCP server.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options