TL-SG105MPE not powering Raspberry Pi 5 attached to Waveshare PoE HAT (G), 5V 5A Output

TL-SG105MPE not powering Raspberry Pi 5 attached to Waveshare PoE HAT (G), 5V 5A Output

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Tags: #PoE
Model: TL-SG105MPE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20230713 Rel.40080

Hi Team,

I recently purchased a Raspberry Pi 5, along with a Waveshare PoE HAT (G)  and a TP-Link TL-SG105MPE PoE+ switch. While the Raspberry Pi 5 functions perfectly with its official 27W power adapter, it unfortunately does not power up when connected to the TL-SG105MPE PoE+ switch.

According to the product specifications of the TL-SG105MPE, each port should supply up to 30W, which is more than sufficient for the Raspberry Pi 5. However, when I connect the Raspberry Pi and PoE HAT (G) to the switch, it fails to power the device.

Please note that I even updated the firmware of TL-SG105MPE to the latest version it still did not helped.

Firmware Version 1.0.0 Build 20230713 Rel.40080
Hardware Version TL-SG105MPE 1.0
Model TL-SG105MPE

Additionally, the web interface for the TL-SG105MPE switch offers limited PoE configuration options, despite being advertised as a PoE+ switch. The only available options in the switch’s web UI are as follows:

b1ff19dea55940688264fe0e9a7dbc08 Please help me in getting my Raspberry Pi 5 powered using  TL-SG105MPE.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-SG105MPE not powering Raspberry Pi 5 attached to Waveshare PoE HAT (G), 5V 5A Output-Solution

Hi @4171144 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I did a quick search about this module which indeed supports 802.3af/at.

Can you power other PoE compliant devices to verify that the PoE is working okay on the switch?

Also, check the cables if it fails to pass over the power? If you have a PoE tester, that would be the straight way to verifiy if the cable and switch can properly power.

Everything about the PoE switch: Common Questions About 802.3 PoE

One last thing, since it is installed to the board, you gotta make sure you have correctly installed the PoE module.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG105MPE not powering Raspberry Pi 5 attached to Waveshare PoE HAT (G), 5V 5A Output-Solution

Hi @4171144 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I did a quick search about this module which indeed supports 802.3af/at.

Can you power other PoE compliant devices to verify that the PoE is working okay on the switch?

Also, check the cables if it fails to pass over the power? If you have a PoE tester, that would be the straight way to verifiy if the cable and switch can properly power.

Everything about the PoE switch: Common Questions About 802.3 PoE

One last thing, since it is installed to the board, you gotta make sure you have correctly installed the PoE module.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options