Connection dropout

Connection dropout

Connection dropout
Connection dropout
a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20240619 rel.72016

Until now, I used TP-Link ARCHER C80, to which a LENOVO tablet was connected via WiFi and TELEKOM Internet TV was running on it - without problems.

After switching to ARCHER AX72, this TV crashes 3 times within an hour with the error "loss of internet connection". After about 10 seconds, the connection is restored and the program continues. However, these outages are annoying.

On the old device, the tablet connected to WiFi via the "2.4G" band. On the new one, it's via "5G" - the fact that the tablet can't handle it on this band can't be the source of the problem.

Both WiFi "2.4G / 5G" have the same SSID and the band is assigned automatically by the router. I would like to set it hard for this client to "2.4G".

Or the problem is somewhere else.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connection dropout
a week ago

@MiPo 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

You may check whether "Smart Connect" is enabled. Then you could disable it, set different wireless names for 2.4GHz and 5GHz, connect your tablet to 2.4GHz band, then check the connectivity on your TV software.

BTW, does the issue happen when you take other internet activities?

Options
Re:Connection dropout
a week ago

@MiPo 

Hi,
I disabled "Smart Connect" and each band got its own SSID. I connected the tablet to the "2.4G" band and the blackouts stopped.

However, with this solution, I had the problem of how to divide other clients (approx. 10) into individual bands. Which was automatic on "Smart Connect" and I didn't have to worry about it.

Based on the above, it would be a much more elegant solution to directly assign the appropriate band to the client (something like a static / DHCP IP address).

Options