Topology map stopped working

19 hours ago - last edited 16 hours ago
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.31.3 Build 20240620 Rel.80383

As previously reported by other people in older threads (that have now been "locked" without any solution), the "Topology" map on our OC200 controller has suddenly stopped working altogether, displaying the generic "No devices found" error.  It had been working fine, albeit occasionally showing the hierarchy incorrectly, but we can live with that.

Every other part of the system is still working, including the "Devices" tab, which shows all devices connected and fully under controller management.  The problem is consistent whether using the cloud view or directly accessing the controller on the LAN.

As a last resort I've rebooted the controller - with no effect.

Does anybody know what the real problem is, and how to fix it?  The only significant recent change was to enable [R]STP between switches - which of course we can't just disable without risking the stability of the network.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Topology map stopped working
5 hours ago

Hi  @STL_Admin 

You may try the following solution:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/702670

Options
Re:Topology map stopped working
55 minutes ago

Vincent-TP wrote

Hi  @STL_Admin 

You may try the following solution:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/702670

Thanks for replying!

The suggestion in that thread, though - to reboot everything - isn't really a solution.  At best it's a very hacky workaround, and one that would probably need to be repeated on a regular basis until the problem is actually fixed.  I've already rebooted the OC200 (and I'll do that once more), but even that was really a desperate last resort!

Please can you ask the TPL technical teams to investigate the root cause and come up with a permanent solution?  Clearly full data from all of the network devices - including details of which devices are connected to which ports - is successfully being delivered to the controller, because all the other functions are still working, so this problem is specific to the graphical topology map.

Maybe part of the answer is to provide a simple non-disruptive way of forcing a data resync - without requiring a reboot, and certainly without requiring a reset and re-adoption (which I notice is currently the only way to re-apply some areas of configuration, such as CLI commands).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 43

Replies: 2

Related Articles