TL-ER5120 V1 - LAN IP Limits & Application Optimized Routing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-02 00:41:52 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:24:07
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

At our 250 member coop RV park, I find myself responsible for our WAN equipment, a set of 5 TL-ER5120 routers that connect to 12 1M/12Mbps aDSL lines. One router is connected to two Logon Gateways on our LAN and feeds the other four routers which then connect to the aDSL's.

This two tier setup works ok and is reliable but the balance on the aDSL modems is really off. I want to eliminate the Logon Gateways which would allow our LAN to directly access the top TL-ER5120. Instead of seeing two incoming IP's, the top router will see maybe 300 IP's and hopefully balance much better. Application Optimized Routing is enabled on all of the routers. DHCP comes from a different box.

What is the practical limit for the TL-ER5120 on the size of the LAN IP pool? Can it handle this size LAN IP pool? Is Application Optimized Routing necessary in our environment? Is there any way to allow the full IP pool to become visible to the routers directly connected to the Internet?

Thanks very much for any info!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 487

Replies: 0