Create "overflow" rule for TL-R470T+ / set priorities for channel or service

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-11 00:03:00 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:17:02
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I recently brought a TL-R470T+ to combine my two lines at home:
[*]WAN1: ADSL with stable 2.5 down / 1.5 up Mbps (yes, pls don't laugh, it's said enough already...), unlimited data usage
[*]WAN2: LTE with unstable 10 down / 10 up Mbps, monthly limit of 20 GB
The basic setup works fine. One important requirement however could not be achieved so far. Here's the use case:
combine both lines for more stable and sometimes faster internet (load balancing, not bonding/link aggregation)
[*]basically use WAN1 for all the basic back-and-forth a network with ~30 devices creates even in idle mode (because WAN1 has unlimited GB)
[*]"add" WAN2 when the load increases like download larger files etc.
[*]never use WAN2 for streaming like Youtube/Netflix or at least limit the bandwidth to 2 Mbps, because these auto-adjust the resolution to the bandwidth and can easily suck my 20 GB per month within a few hours
My key question is: How can I create something like an "overflow"-rule with the effect that WAN1 will be used until the bandwidth used up and only then activate WAN2?

Hope you guys can help me with that. Thanks in advance!

degudejung
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 451

Replies: 0

Related Articles