Please bring back SPI firewall configuration features. PLEASE!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-18 20:20:59
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello TP Link,

I've had two TP Link wireless modem routers and have been quite pleased with them. When I originally purchased by Archer D9 the first few itterations of firmware allowed me to configure SPI firewall rules for the device, a very standard feature for this sort of device, and while my current TPLink modem the VR2600 has an SPI firewall it doesn't allow me to cofigure it.

This feature seems to have been removed when the routers went to the new http web gui and I would really like to be able to configure rules for my router. I'd like to be able to set it up so that only an internal proxy server can send packets out to the internet through the device and have all my internal devices pointed to that proxy by default. I can't do this currently with this firmware even though the SPI firewall exists.

I don't want to have to frankenstein the device with DD-WRT or purchase another companies products but I will if I have to, I have a child who will eventually grow enough to need to be protected from stupid things on the internet and this feature is required to do that.

Regards,

Laquey.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Please bring back SPI firewall configuration features. PLEASE!
2017-07-13 18:44:00
i think you should submit a ticket to TP-Link support so they will take it seriously.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 663

Replies: 1

Related Articles