Votes

IPv6 Firewall Configuration on AX73

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-04 05:59:46 - last edited 2022-07-07 07:08:21
Tags: #IPv6
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20220317 rel.50456(4555)

Hi there,

I have just bought the Archer AX73 and everything was great, until I tried to access my IPv6 server from the outside although I could access other IPv6 websites.

It turns out that there is (maybe) a hidden firewall that block all incoming IPv6 requests by default that I simply can't disable. I did try to disable something called "SPI Firewall" and even set "DMZ" for the server but the problem still persist.

I'd like to see a firmware update in the future that enable us to add exceptions to this hidden IPv6 firewall, instead of blocking all incoming requests. Is it possible?

Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:IPv6 Firewall Configuration on AX73-Solution
2022-07-05 10:56:01 - last edited 2022-07-06 21:01:18

Hello @Nguyen_The_Binh 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

We understand that you want to have the network permission to access the local IPv6 server/service from outside, which is currently not supported on the Archer AX73 routers yet. We have confirmed with the dev team that there will be new firmware in the near future to add the support for IPv6 firewall on/off, you will then be able to access the local IPv6 server by disabling the IPv6 firewall on the router.

There is currently no estimated time for the new firmware for the AX73, please pay attention on your router web or on the official website for any new firmware updates in the future. I would also update here in the community once this is available.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:IPv6 Firewall Configuration on AX73-Solution
2022-07-05 10:56:01 - last edited 2022-07-06 21:01:18

Hello @Nguyen_The_Binh 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

We understand that you want to have the network permission to access the local IPv6 server/service from outside, which is currently not supported on the Archer AX73 routers yet. We have confirmed with the dev team that there will be new firmware in the near future to add the support for IPv6 firewall on/off, you will then be able to access the local IPv6 server by disabling the IPv6 firewall on the router.

There is currently no estimated time for the new firmware for the AX73, please pay attention on your router web or on the official website for any new firmware updates in the future. I would also update here in the community once this is available.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:IPv6 Firewall Configuration on AX73
2022-07-06 20:48:01

Great! @Kevin_Z, I'm glad to hear that the Dev team is currently working on the on/off switch of the problematic IPv6 firewall.

Sidestory, part of the reasons why I replaced my ISP's router (with AX73) because there was no IPv6 Firewall at all sad. After the replacement, I realize the AX73 is the complete opposite smiley.

Thus, it would be even nicer if the the IPv6 Firewall can allow manually configured port(s) and IP(s) (just like IPv4 Port Forwarding) to pass-through instead of on/off switch, block everything or not blocking at all. This strategy, I believe, can have the best of both worlds, security and accessibility. It is already implemented in the Deco M5 that I'm using as an AP, so I hope to see it on the main router AX73 too!

Other than that, the rest of the device are perfect so far, please keep up with the good work, TP-Link. yes

Options
Re:IPv6 Firewall Configuration on AX73
2022-07-07 03:17:40

@Nguyen_The_Binh 

Thus, it would be even nicer if the the IPv6 Firewall can allow manually configured port(s) and IP(s) (just like IPv4 Port Forwarding) to pass-through instead of on/off switch, block everything or not blocking at all. This strategy, I believe, can have the best of both worlds, security and accessibility. It is already implemented in the Deco M5 that I'm using as an AP, so I hope to see it on the main router AX73 too!

Great suggestion,yes I would certainly forward it to the Dev team for serious consideration also. Thank you very much again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 925

Replies: 3

Voters 5

+ 1 Voters

Tags