EasyMesh and TP-Link

Used Products:
× 1
General Product

plans to be added to a variety of TP-Link Products.The story was originally posted by Riley_S in EasyMesh and TP-Link

You may have heard during the Wi-Fi 7 Event that TP-Link is embracing the new EasyMesh Protocol that allows users to build a multiple-AP mesh network with certified products from various vendors. EasyMesh is launching with our Newest Wi-Fi 7 Routers and has plans to be added to a variety of TP-Link Products.  

What is EasyMesh? 

EasyMesh is a standard certification launched by the Wi-Fi Alliance, which brings a standards-based approach to multiple AP networks. It is a basic standard that defines the protocol for the interconnectivity between different APs. The latest version is EasyMesh R2. 

Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks use a common standard that allows devices from multiple vendors to be onboard, configured, and able to communicate with each other. This brings flexibility, enabling devices from different vendors to work together to increase capacity and effective throughput by forming a smart and adaptable network. Not to mention, these networks are easy to set up and maintain. All can be self-organized to provide consistent coverage anywhere in a home, office, or outdoor space. 

What is Wireless Backhaul in EasyMesh? 

Wireless Backhaul in an EasyMesh network makes it possible to wirelessly connect two EasyMesh products including TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers and Range Extenders together to build a seamless Wi-Fi network, this benefits both extended Wi-Fi coverage and Wi-Fi network stability. 

How Does EasyMesh Wireless Backhaul Work? 

Router – Router Networking 

Mesh Wireless Backhaul BETWEEN Routers

Yes, you read that correctly. In an EasyMesh network, you can now define one router as the main router for the network, and then you can easily add another satellite router to boost the coverage of your Wi-Fi. 

Not only that, but EasyMesh enables automatic synchronization of wireless network settings across all EasyMesh nodes in the network and will automatically transfer your wireless SSID and password to satellite nodes. 

Note: 

It is recommended to connect no more than 3 mesh nodes (2 satellite devices) in a single chain for better wireless performance. 

A Firmware update may be required for some models to support Router-Router Networking. 

Router – RE Networking 

Mesh Wireless Backhaul between TP-Link Router and Range Extender 

This brand-new mesh solution also allows you to add a Range Extender as the satellite device which is wirelessly connected to the main router and builds a seamless Wi-Fi network. 

You can find a full list of EasyMesh-compatible devices on our site here: 

EasyMesh Product List

*Note that products marked as planned are not guaranteed to receive the feature. 

EasyMesh – Frequently Asked Questions

Q1. What TP-Link product will support EasyMesh? 

Visit here to check all TP-Link EasyMesh Compatible devices
Please be aware that certain models will require firmware updates to support EasyMesh, you could pay attention to the subsequent firmware releases on the TP-Link official website. 

Q2. Can I use TP-Link EasyMesh products together with TP-Link OneMesh™ or Deco Mesh products? 

Yes and No. Wi-Fi EasyMesh, TP-Link OneMesh™, and Deco Mesh are three different mesh Wi-Fi solutions provided by TP-Link. You cannot build a mesh network by mixing TP-Link OneMesh™ routers/extenders with Deco Mesh, but you can build up a mesh system with TP-Link EasyMesh and OneMesh™ devices. In another word, you can still build up a mesh network if you have an EasyMesh router and a Onemesh range extender.

Q3. What is the difference between EasyMesh, OneMesh™, and Deco Mesh?

From the below chart you could have a general comparison between EasyMesh vs OneMesh™ vs Deco Mesh. 

EasyMesh 

OneMesh™ 

Deco Mesh 

Seamless Wi-Fi Network 

Working with a different vendor* 

AP Seamless Steering 

Band steering (Smart Connect) 

Router- Router Wireless Backhaul 

Ethernet Backhaul 

- (Planned***) 

AP mode 

- (Planned***) 

Mesh Protocol Supported 

802.11k/v 

802.11k/v 

802.11k/v/r 

Management Methods 

Web UI & Tether APP 

Web UI & Tether APP 

Deco APP & Simple Web UI 

Technology 

Wi-Fi EasyMesh standardized protocol 

TP-Link OneMesh™ Technology 

TP-Link Deco Mesh Technology 

Products & Compatibility 

Check TP-Link EasyMesh products >> 

vendors** 

Check TP-Link OneMesh products >> 

Check TP-Link Deco Products>> 

Note : 

1. Working with a different vendor* 

Certified EasyMesh devices can work with each other, while we highly recommend using TP-Link EasyMesh products together to ensure the best performance and full compatibility. 

2. Visit this site to get the EasyMesh Certified Products from multiple vendors*: https://www.wi-fi.org/wi-fi-easymesh-certified-products (from Wi-Fi Alliance®). 
3. Planned*** : Kindly note that Planned is not a guarantee, as the plan can be adjusted or changed. 

Q4. Will EasyMesh support Ethernet Backhaul? 

EasyMesh routers or extenders are planned to support Ethernet Backhaul and some of the EasyMesh routers have already supported it via a firmware upgrade. Please keep an eye on the official website and the router’s online updates for firmware updates when the new features are available.

Q5. Can I use TP-Link EasyMesh devices with EasyMesh products from different manufacturers or companies? Are they compatible? 

Theoretically, TP-Link EasyMesh will work with any EasyMesh-certified products due to the standardized EasyMesh technology. However, EasyMesh networking methods can vary based on the manufacturers, we highly recommend using TP-Link EasyMesh products together to ensure the best performance and full compatibility. 

Comment

كخهععغ

EasyMesh looks very useful when you need to connect multiple devices and extend network speed & range

---------------------

Fire Kirin apk

Which is the best easymesh product to extend a 10Gbit Router?

It is a great service product of tp-link. I read the above post, I found it impressive. 

Looks great, if only it worked. AX73 keeps rebooting and it has not been fixed yet. So I have my RE300 turned off, otherwise I would not be able to use internet at all. So please be so kind and fix it because it is great that you come up with new functionalities while turning otherwise basic ones into paid ones, like something so basic as proper parental control, but we need the bare minimum to work.

EasyMesh is a standard certification launched by the Wi-Fi Alliance, and it provides a standardized approach to building multiple AP (Access Point) networks. This certification aims to ensure interoperability among devices from different vendors, allowing users to create mesh networks with products from various manufacturers. EasyMesh defines the protocol for the interconnectivity between different APs, providing a common standard that enables devices to communicate with each other seamlessly.

This is really nice! Thanks for sharing this.

Regards Chitra Mishra

Good morning,

Please could you explain how to interconnect via Ethernet backhaul 2 satellite routers and one main router? 

What I want to setup for me is Main router -> ethernet backhaul -> satellite router #1 -> ethernet backhaul -> satellite router #2.

Today I tried with no success:

- Archer AX72 as main

- From Archer AX72 LAN port 1 I run a cat6 network cable to Archer AX53 #1 LAN port 1;

- From Archer AX53 #1 LAN port 2 I run a cat6 network cable to Archer AX53 #2 LAN port 1.

- Archer AX53's are with beta firmware Archer_AX53_V1_1.2.4_Build_20240206 (to support ethernet backhaul)

- When the 2nd Archer AX53 is connected via Ethernet Backhaul, my network crashes.

I am assuming that being Archer AX72 my main router, EASYMESH only supports LAN cables coming from him directly to the satellite routers. Is that so? If so, it is a terrible solution! I have a penthouse where my fiber optic modem starts at the upper floor; from the upper floor, a CAT6 cable goes to the lower floor to connect Archer AX53 #1; and from there I run a CAT6 network cable across the lower floor to connect the 2nd Archer AX53. Would be very much helpful if this configuration can be done.

I have another property where I was planning to upgrade my Wi-Fi 4 to Wi-Fi 6 using an even more complicated connection, but seems I won't be able to! (the idea is to have an Archer AX72 as the main router, and then run 4 CAT6 network cables to 4 satellite Archers AX53. Then 2 of these Archer AX53's will continue the EasyMesh to a TP-Link switch and then to the next 2 Archer AX53s. So it would be really helpful if ethernet backhaul supports chain connections!

Based on Wi-Fi Alliance, which you comply to, EasyMesh must support chain connections!

Any help is appreciated.

When are you going to update for AXE75? I bought it thinking it has EasyMesh like AX23, but the firmware is not compatible with AXE75. I've been waiting for a long time since December 2023, and up to today, there's been no update for it. So disappointed with this brand.

Here is what I was able to do to make things work. Sad that there is no mention about this in any TP-Link site. This is the type of information that should be easily available to all users.

Scenario

1) Archer AX72 is my main router. Easymesh activated.

Because he is the main router, he must have direct connection to the sattelite routers via Ethernet Backhaul (network cable); otherwise, the satellite routers will crash the network.

2) From Archer AX72, I ran 2 CAT6 cables to 2 separate Archers AX53, with betafirmware that supports ethernet backhaul.

3) In this scenario, I am able to get the easymesh network up and running, solid, with 600Mbps out of the 600Mbps that I am subscribed to the cable company.

Notes:

1) If you use Wireless backhaul, it is terrible! Again! Vendors tend to find solutions, but the fineprints are always non-existent.

2) For the above scenario that I mention, I tested Archer Ax72 via wireless backhaul to the 2 Archers AX53. My internet speed was 90Mbps out of 600Mbps on the first one, and 9Mbps out of 600Mbps on the 2nd Archer AX53. That is to say that Wireless backhaul loses a lot of the internet speed.

3) I have tested before Deco X20, Deco X60, D-Link COVR. They were even worse. For the same spots I currently have my Archers at home, I could not make them connect via Wireless Backhaul. Worst to say that connecting them via Ethernet Backhaul (since vendors claim to support) I could only get the 1st Deco/COVR to work. The 2nd would never work!

4) Switch - ah, this is another subject to mention. If you use D-Link switch, unmanaged (this is the one I tested), the ethernet backhaul from the above scenario does not work. Talking to support over the phone, they suggest that I use TP-Link switches instead of D-Link because there could be vendor incompatibility or, the switch must support a specific protocol for easymesh (forgot now the protocol #, but remember reading about it). Currently I just bought a TL-SG105, and tested it placing it as follows and it works fine as described in scenario 1-3 above.

Archer AX72 -> switch -> port#1 receives internet from Archer AX72, port#2 goes to 1st Archer AX53, port #3 goes to 2nd Archer AX53. Same results: 600Mbps out of 600Mbps contracted. And solid Easymesh network via ethernet backhaul.

@TP-LINK

1) I expected that ethernet backhaul would be way better documented by TP-Link, so that we users could easily plan and deploy our wireless networks at homes.

2) I plan to deploy an easymesh network, ethernet backhaul connected, with 8 Archer AX72 at a warehouse. Appreciate if TP-Link could document the deployment scenario.

Here is what I was able to do to make things work. Sad that there is no mention about this in any TP-Link site. This is the type of information that should be easily available to all users.

Scenario

1) Archer AX72 is my main router. Easymesh activated.

Because he is the main router, he must have direct connection to the sattelite routers via Ethernet Backhaul (network cable); otherwise, the satellite routers will crash the network.

2) From Archer AX72, I ran 2 CAT6 cables to 2 separate Archers AX53, with betafirmware that supports ethernet backhaul.

3) In this scenario, I am able to get the easymesh network up and running, solid, with 600Mbps out of the 600Mbps that I am subscribed to the cable company.

Notes:

1) If you use Wireless backhaul, it is terrible! Again! Vendors tend to find solutions, but the fineprints are always non-existent.

2) For the above scenario that I mention, I tested Archer Ax72 via wireless backhaul to the 2 Archers AX53. My internet speed was 90Mbps out of 600Mbps on the first one, and 9Mbps out of 600Mbps on the 2nd Archer AX53. That is to say that Wireless backhaul loses a lot of the internet speed.

3) I have tested before Deco X20, Deco X60, D-Link COVR. They were even worse. For the same spots I currently have my Archers at home, I could not make them connect via Wireless Backhaul. Worst to say that connecting them via Ethernet Backhaul (since vendors claim to support) I could only get the 1st Deco/COVR to work. The 2nd would never work!

4) Switch - ah, this is another subject to mention. If you use D-Link switch, unmanaged (this is the one I tested), the ethernet backhaul from the above scenario does not work. Talking to support over the phone, they suggest that I use TP-Link switches instead of D-Link because there could be vendor incompatibility or, the switch must support a specific protocol for easymesh (forgot now the protocol #, but remember reading about it). Currently I just bought a TL-SG105, and tested it placing it as follows and it works fine as described in scenario 1-3 above.

Archer AX72 -> switch -> port#1 receives internet from Archer AX72, port#2 goes to 1st Archer AX53, port #3 goes to 2nd Archer AX53. Same results: 600Mbps out of 600Mbps contracted. And solid Easymesh network via ethernet backhaul.

@TP-LINK

1) I expected that ethernet backhaul would be way better documented by TP-Link, so that we users could easily plan and deploy our wireless networks at homes.

2) I plan to deploy an easymesh network, ethernet backhaul connected, with 8 Archer AX72 at a warehouse. Appreciate if TP-Link could document the deployment scenario.

upload
    upload
      Subscriptions