Omada OC200 SMS Verification Logon Page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-08 03:12:58
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20191126 Rel.59455

OC200 Hardware Version 3.2.5

My small business owner client is gathering mobile numbers for SMS and MMS marketing via Twilio.  We have the Omada OC200 and 2 access points.  We are using Twilio to send back the code.  That is all working well with no issues.  Laptops and Tablets are also getting on the network and we are not sure how that is happening.

Our main issue is the logon page that comes with the firmware.  It lacks the ability to adjust font size and having phone number, verification code, get code and log in all on the same page is very confusing to the customers.  Most customers are taking at least 2 tries to get network access.  In some cases, up to five or more.  Sometimes, they give up and complain by voicemail or text reply to our Twilio number.  I would be happy to send the logs via private email.

Disclaimer: I can not code anything in the linux GPL firmware nor any other language.  I am able to handle Twilio with TwinML scripts. 

Questions:

1 – How can the logon page be modified?  We would like at least 3 pages, with the option available for  more should they be needed.

Pages:

1 - enter mobile number

2 - enter code

3 – terms and conditions page with URL link

We need to be able to control font size and window sizes of the entry areas.  Having much bigger character limits and multiple boxes is needed as well.  I believe this would require a firmware modification.

2 – An external portal is also an option we would have to pay to have built.  Twilio can get sent the request for the code thru API. 

Question: how does Twilio send the code back to the OC200?  What would a TwinML script be for that (or other language supported)?

3 – How are the laptops and/or tablets getting access to the network?  Is the customer using their mobile to get the code and just entering it on the logon page without putting in a mobile number on the laptops and tablets?  I have not been able to test it as I am remote offsite managing the project.

Please explain in simple English yet technical terms such that I can generate a scope of work to hire someone to get the modifications we need.  Please remember I am a coding dummy!

Or better yet, please modify the firmware to upgrade the logon page and we will beta test it.  We would be happy to discuss in greater detail.

We think this is a great product and a solution to our needs with just a few minor tweaks. 

Thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada OC200 SMS Verification Logon Page
2020-03-09 07:26:48

@OC200 

We cannot change the login page if we use the SMS portal because this kind of portal cannot change the page.

But if you want to set the page as you said, we recommend you use External Radius Portal or External Portal server to custom the authentication page. 

Options
2020-03-24 12:45:11

We have decided we have to use an external portal web pages (not radius) for our 2FA SMS portal to Twilio.  The default logon page available in the OC200/EAP continues to cause confusion with our customers trying to get on WiFi.

What we need to know, and we are not coders, is how to communicate to Twilio and then back the OC200/EAP with the one time code such that when the customer enters the code, they are logged onto WiFi.

1 - What is the code the OC200/EAP sends to Twilio to get the SMS one time code sent?

2 - What is the code Twilio sends back to the OC200/EAP to authorize logon when custoner inputs the code?

We are going to have to pay a coder to set this up for us.

Can anyone else provide examples as well besides just the code?

Thanks

Options
2020-03-24 23:24:03

@OC200, you can find this kind of information in Twilio's API documentation: https://www.twilio.com/docs/usage/api

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2020-03-26 18:51:08

That points me in the right direction but will take me days to figure it out.

TP-Link - can you PLEASE just post the code I need?  Can anyone else post it?  Persona message me it that is what needs to be done.

We are trying to make the "system" better to install lots of TP-Link products for our customers.  Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1553

Replies: 4

Related Articles