WLAN Network - Users are disconnected arbitrary

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-25 16:50:06 - last edited 2021-01-26 18:35:12
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: v3.2.10

Controller:

Omada Software Controller v3.2.10

Access Points:

EAP245(EU) 2x V1.0

EAP245(EU) 2x V3.0

EAP225(EU) 1x V3.0 - Mesh - EAP225-Outdoor(EU) 1x V1.0

Hello,

I have a WLAN Home Network with the components above working in general very stable.

Unfortunately there are more and more users complaining that they are disconnected by the System arbitrarily and have to reconnect manually - sometimes several times consecutive.

2 Questions (to start the solving process ;-)):

- Is this a known problem (may be with a link to a solving thread)?

- Is there a possibility to log the users connection/disconnection (in conjunction to the AP) to get more information about possible root causes?

If more information on the network configuration is needed I will provide ... ;-)

Thanks a lot in advance

Best Regards

Migo 

Options
2 Reply
Re:WLAN Network - Users are disconnected arbitrary
2021-01-29 06:57:34

Dear @Migo,

- Is this a known problem (may be with a link to a solving thread)?

- Is there a possibility to log the users connection/disconnection (in conjunction to the AP) to get more information about possible root causes?

-Sorry I'm afraid no, will need to check more details about the problem.

-With Omada SDN Controller, it's possible. But the EAP245 V1 doesn't support Omada SDN, you may stay with Controller v3.2.10.

If more information on the network configuration is needed I will provide ... ;-)

May I know the application scene and the network topology? How far away is the EAPs away from each other? 

Do you configure any advanced settings like Load Balance, Band Steering, Airtime Fairness on the controller?

If the EAPs are deployed evenly and the wireless clients are randomly distributed, you may configure Load Balance to avoid a single EAP overloaded with clients, but ensure it's properly configured. Here is a FAQ for your reference. 

How to Configure Load Balance Omada Controller, https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2093/

How to optimize wireless performance of EAP products, https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2511/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:WLAN Network - Users are disconnected arbitrary
2021-01-31 18:10:29

Hello @Fae,

thanx for giving first hints and starting the discussion ;-)

-With Omada SDN Controller, it's possible. But the EAP245 V1 doesn't support Omada SDN, you may stay with Controller v3.2.10.

Maybe I will exchange the "old" EAP-V1's by "WI-FI 6 ACCESS POINT" (AX1800 or AX3600) ...
... should improve the performance and enable the update to the current Controller version.
Do you have any experience with this "new generation"?

- May I know the application scene and the network topology? How far away is the EAPs away from each other? 

Internet --- Firewall --- T1500G-10PS --- AP01 (EAP245-V1)

|          |----- AP02 (EAP245-V1)

|

|

|

T1500G-10PS --- AP03 (EAP245-V3)

|----- AP04 (EAP225-V3)  )))  AP05 (EAP225-Outdoor)

AP01 and AP02 are covering "region 01" (building 1 on first and second floor) - distance ~5m (in height)
AP03 to AP05 are covering "region 02" (wider building 2 on first and second floor) - distance ~15m and an additional area by mesh (another 15m on two floors)
Each of the two regions has to support 10-15 clients ...

- Do you configure any advanced settings like Load Balance, Band Steering, Airtime Fairness on the controller?

Before starting the thread no advanced settings have been configured (due to the relative moderate number of clients)
With your given hints I started now with the "channel width optimization" to be evaluated the next days

Hope to stay in contact to solve the issue ...

Thanks a lot ;-)
Cheers

Migo

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 671

Replies: 2

Related Articles