Difference Between T2500G-10TS and TL-SG2210P Looking to Buy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-17 12:15:01
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good day,  will be purchasing one of the above 8 port switches soonest (latest version of each I think v3 now).

Besides finding it very confusing for TP LINK  to use two Model Numbers for each  TL-SG2210P(T1500G-10PS and T2500G-10TS(TL-SG3210G) can anyone explain the rationale??

I am trying to find out the differences between these two models from a practical standpoint to match up with my requirements.

I will note that one is obviously POE capable but I am talking about everything else (not POE) and I also note the performance specs are identical.

What I did like about the T2500 model is that it has its own specific User Guide and CLI guides.

Most of the other Jetstreams have a generic one size fits all User Guide, where one would have to actually buy the unit, to see what actually on the Web Gui, as there are particular chapters that state (not on all devices), without mention of which devices - piss poor documentation.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Cheers

Options
1 Reply
Re:Difference Between T2500G-10TS and TL-SG2210P Looking to Buy
2021-02-18 13:23:01 - last edited 2021-02-18 13:36:17

@anav_ds 

Most of the other Jetstreams have a generic one size fits all User Guide, where one would have to actually buy the unit, to see what actually on the Web Gui, as there are particular chapters that state (not on all devices), without mention of which devices - piss poor documentation.

If you go to the device support page under EMULATORS you can actually view the GUI yourself.   Hope this helps!

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/t1500g-10ps/#Emulators

From my experience the 1xxx range and 2xxxx range dont differ that much in terms of hardware, the main difference is the 2xxx range supports the new SDN controller and slightly better performance.   If SDN isnt a driving factor for you, its a mild refresh at best

The 3xxxx range is the main new hardware refresh to the latest features like MultiGig support, Full SDN integration etc etc.

I think of it like this

1xxx    Hardware V1

2xxx    Hardware V1.1  with SDN update

3xxx    Hardware V2 with SDN

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 619

Replies: 1

Related Articles