OC200 Stuck Offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OC200 Stuck Offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
OC200 Stuck Offline
OC200 Stuck Offline
2021-06-02 02:23:28
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.2.12

I've had an OC200 hooked up to my Verizon FIOS G3100 router for several months. It manages 4 EAP225 access point that are connected in a mesh. That setup used to work just fine until recently, when after several days of intermittently going offline and then back online, the OC200 just went down and won't connect back to the cloud. It is not accessible via the web or the phone app, and obviously has no IP on my network. I've got wired uplink and downlink to and from the device that work fine.

HW version is 1.6. Firmwre is 3.2.12.

Not entirely sure where to go with this. I'd rather not do factory reset, since I have multiple networks and smart devices installed and no configuration backup. I've tried hooking the controller directly to a PC, but the emergency IP wasn't accessible. Any tips will be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:OC200 Stuck Offline
2021-06-04 06:20:19

@JordanM 

It seems that the hardware controller has the drop out issue and on cloud website, here is my advice.

1. Check the cloud LED light on OC200, basically when the OC200 connecting to internet, the cloud light should be blinking. Connect the PC back of the OC200's second ethernet port, at the same time you can check the IP address on PC, if PC can get a correct IP assigned from router, then you can try to Ping router's LAN IP address and Ping 8.8.8.8, this is to test connection between the OC200 and router, test the connection from cloud website to OC200.

Here is the instruction to do Ping test:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/425/

2. If PC cannot get IP address when connecting back of OC200 during the issue, you can try to change another cable from the router to OC200, this seems that the connection from router to OC200 drop. Also try to connect to another ethernet port back of router.

3. Since you can see the IP address of OC200 on cloud website, when it drop out from cloud, try to login OC200's local management page with its IP address to see if you can go back to controller.

4. Last but not least, try to upgrade the firmware version of OC200, the latest firmware for OC200 is  1.8.0 Build 20210406, with controller version 4.3.5.

Best Regards!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2489

Replies: 1

Related Articles