Different profiles within one Wifi network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-25 17:30:57

Hi laugh I have started with Omada 8-port POE switch and EAP225 plus Omada controller software (maybe OC200 later) connected to router with built in cable modem.
What I´d like to configure is having different profiles within one Wifi network.

For example on the old router it was easy to have a user profile: Time range 5am-11pm and 11.30-2am for client 1, 2 and 3.
What I see on Omada is every client can have its own rate limit but not its own time range. But the time range can just be common for a whole Wifi network.

Maybe I don´t see the Omada logic how to realize my plan. Can someone help?

And I asked myself, would I have any advantage if I hang a ER605 router between cable router and switch?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Different profiles within one Wifi network?
2022-04-26 08:05:59

@SparklingWater 

As I know, the controller haven't the parental control function, but you can learn more details about portal.

This function allows a time limit to be placed on the client.

This article will help you to understand this function, but you should refer to UG for the exact configuration. as you can see, the pictures in the article are of the old version of the controller.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/896/

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Different profiles within one Wifi network?
2022-04-28 01:29:21

@SparklingWater 

For full functionality of the Omada solution you must combine a Router+Switch that are supported by the Controller.  The ER605 is actually the cheapest addition, around here 2/3 the price of the EAP225, SG2208 or OC200, and gives you full functionality of the solution.  I had assumed I could use a 3rd party POE switch...but no, you don't get the switch port profiles needed to do things like isolate SSIDs/LAN.

I will dig into the time-thing later on...I have other pressing issues right now :)

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options