iOS devices keep forgetting network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-27 14:04:12
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have a few iOS devices and every few days one of them just forget my wifi network. It's not that it fails to connect it actually forgets the network and i have to manually add it back.

I've had this problem for a few years but now it seems to occur regularly every week or so, since getting a new iPhone.

It's not an iPhone setting, auto join is enabled etc. All my guest SSID still show up under My Network in the iOS wifi settings it's just my main wifi that deletes itself every few days.

It's not a conflict between SSIDs as my other iOS devices are setup on a single SSID. This does not occur to any laptop or Android devices.

The only real difference between my main SSID and others is that my main SSID is hidden, anyone know if iOS devices do not like hidden networks?

Options
1 Reply
Re:iOS devices keep forgetting network
2022-06-28 22:38:54

@johnsnow88 

If you are running multiple APs, then try disabling the Private MAC address setting on the phone for you SSID.  I had a customer that had all sorts of issues similar to you and that resolved it for them.

From what I can gather on the logs, it was trying to talk to multiple APs at the same to to authenticate, but providing different MAC addresses each time and freaking out and not connecting. Removing the private mac setting allowed all APs to know it was the same device and treat it as one request, issue solved.. 

Worth a shot! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 415

Replies: 1

Related Articles