VPN Issue Backup WAN/LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VPN Issue Backup WAN/LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VPN Issue Backup WAN/LAN
VPN Issue Backup WAN/LAN
2022-07-14 15:48:50
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64359

Dear All,

I am trying to set PPTP VPN server on the second backup port WAN/LAN1 and to connect with windows client windows 10 when the primary WAN is down but got all the time same error on the attached screenshot bellow. Please advise how to set the PPTP VPN on the backup WAN/LAN port in order to establish connectivity.  VPN PPTP VPN is working only on the primary WAN but not on the backup WANs.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:VPN Issue Backup WAN/LAN
2022-07-18 10:09:16

@RNR75 Hi

Two things you may need to concern:

1. The Link Backup WAN will not "UP" until the router think it should switch to it. That means if you main WAN is working, you will not be able to test the backup WAN.

Or you may just need to disable the Link Backup feature and let two WANs work at the same time.

2. Your two WANs have different public IP, that means you will need to modify your VPN settings and put in the 2nd WAN IP as the VPN server IP address.

Options
Re:VPN Issue Backup WAN/LAN
2022-07-18 12:09:03
Hi Sommnus, I have some experience with some other routers brands and I am aware how to set the Microsoft VPNs and by these router brands and models the backup VPN work ok. The thing is if I am doing the setting in proper way within the TP-Link in order to start fail-over VPN on the second WAN port cause it dose not work and populate the error message which i have sent. Just for the record I have changed the backup internet provider and move it into the main WAN port and the VPN works ok. The question is - dose this router model supports fail-over backup VPN on the backup WAN port or it works only on the main WAN port. And if it does how exactly to set the backup VPN in order to work properly with the second breakup WAN port.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 441

Replies: 2

Related Articles