Omada app cant find TL-SG2210P on local network for adoption

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-05 10:25:07
Model: SG2210P  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.0.3

Hello.

Im new to Omada SDN but from my understanding, it is very similiar to Unifi. My unifi setup is a Unifi Controller hosted on a server and I then use the Unifi app (connected to my controller) to discover new unifi devices and adopt them to the controller. This is the fastest method for me.

I have just finished setting up a Omada Software Controller on a Ubuntu Server (same as the unifi) and thats all working well. I connect the omada app to the controller and I have plugged in a new TL-SG2210P onto my local network and I was hoping to use the app to adopt this device to my hosted controller. Is this possible? If i log in to the switch directly and set a inform address, my controller sees the device but i was hoping the app could discover new devices and set the inform address for me. Am i missing something?

Thanks for any help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada app cant find TL-SG2210P on local network for adoption
2022-12-06 04:35:10

@BrightPower 

You may check if port 29810-29814 are useable.

29810 is to discover the devices, 29814 is to adopt devices.
Omada Controller and Omada Discovery Utility discover Omada devices.

Options