Can't See SSID - EAP610-Outdoor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-05 17:09:27 - last edited 2023-07-18 00:41:02
Model: EAP610-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

The SSID does not seem to be broadcasting.  I'n operating in EAP standalone mode and I can see the EAP in the App and on the web, but can not see the SSID on my iPhone or Computer.  I have tried to do a factory reset and cannot see the default SSID prior to setting up my own SSID.  I have ensured the broadcast is enabled.  I've uninstalled it and plugged directly into the switch and I am within arms length away (to rule out any distance issues).   I have tried without Security.  I have tried manual channel.  I have tried various wireless modes.  I have tried 2.4GHz only.  I have tried to turn off the SSID broadcast and manually enter SSID from phone and computer.
I have tried directly into POE switch and also witht he inkector.

Portal Disabled
VLAN Disabled

Guest Net Diabled.

Am I missing something?  My only conclusion is it's faulty.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't See SSID - EAP610-Outdoor-Solution
2023-06-15 02:24:58 - last edited 2023-07-18 00:41:02

Hi @Sobereye,   @Jmorik ,   @GinoB , @Nigel_Tuffnel11,

Thanks for reporting this issue to the TP-Link community.

This issue seems like a hardware issue, if you need any further assistance with these products, please feel free to submit a ticket email to our technical support team for help from here.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
16 Reply
Re:Can't See SSID - EAP610-Outdoor
2022-12-05 23:40:01

@lazydrone 

If you have an android device, try something like WiFi analyser to see if its "hidden" or something

Also post a pic of your config here and we can look to see if anything is strange for you. 

It may well just be a fautly device (sadly!

Options
2022-12-06 05:37:36

lazydrone wrote

The SSID does not seem to be broadcasting.  I'n operating in EAP standalone mode and I can see the EAP in the App and on the web, but can not see the SSID on my iPhone or Computer.  I have tried to do a factory reset and cannot see the default SSID prior to setting up my own SSID.  I have ensured the broadcast is enabled.  I've uninstalled it and plugged directly into the switch and I am within arms length away (to rule out any distance issues).   I have tried without Security.  I have tried manual channel.  I have tried various wireless modes.  I have tried 2.4GHz only.  I have tried to turn off the SSID broadcast and manually enter SSID from phone and computer.
I have tried directly into POE switch and also witht he inkector.

Portal Disabled
VLAN Disabled

Guest Net Diabled.

Am I missing something?  My only conclusion is it's faulty.

Dear @lazydrone 

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. 

The ticket ID is TKID221210559, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-17 15:53:04

Hi  @Hank21 

I am encountering the same issue with my EAP610-Outdoor.

Did you managed to find the solution for this?

I have seen a lot of the this complaint relative to this AP.

Options
2023-03-17 16:10:59

@Ric04jan72 I determined it was defective and returned it.  Got a new one and it is working fine.  Have had no issues.

Options
2023-03-20 01:36:52

Hello @Ric04jan72 ,

Ric04jan72 wrote

I am encountering the same issue with my EAP610-Outdoor.

Did you managed to find the solution for this?

I have seen a lot of the this complaint relative to this AP.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230332822, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
2023-03-20 16:02:44

@lazydrone Having same issue with my EAP610-indoor v2.0. the controller detect my AP but will not broadcast SSID.

Options
2023-06-03 12:36:17

I'm having the same issue. Has anyone had this resolved, aside from returning the unit?

Options
2023-06-13 11:02:23

@Hank21 Also encountering same issue, I have 11 EAP610 and 4 of these have this kind of problem. Hope you will solve this issue as soon as possible.

Options
2023-06-14 00:46:08

I have the same issue eap610 outd

Options
2023-06-14 00:49:10

@Nigel_Tuffnel11 The SSID does not seem to be broadcasting.  I'n operating in EAP standalone mode and I can see the EAP in the App and on the web, but can not see the SSID on my iPhone or Computer.  I have ensured the broadcast is enabled.  I've uninstalled it and plugged directly into the switch and I am within arms length away (to rule out any distance issues).   I have tried without Security.  I have tried manual channel.  I have tried various wireless modes.  I have tried 2.4GHz only.  I have tried to turn off the SSID broadcast and manually enter SSID from phone and computer.
I have tried directly into POE switch.

can I get an RA amen

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 2912

Replies: 16

Related Articles