Setting Up VLANS in Omada setup.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-12 00:42:07

I have setup up 3 VLANs on an ER605 router. Have an SG208 switch and the OC200 controller. VLAN1 is on 192.168.123.254/24 VLAN10 is on 10.1.0.1/24. VLAN 20 is on 172.16.0.1/16. VLAN1 feeds data from a DMR server to an Amateur Radio Digital Repeater. VLAN10 is feeding data from a network Called the Allstar network to a Raspberry pi with a VHF transceiver that transmit to a VHF Analog Repeater. The VLAN20 is spare in case the want to bring another network in. What I wanted to do in the switch was assign ports 3,4 to VLAN1. Ports 5,6 to VLAN10 and VLAN20 to ports 7 and 8. Got the VLANS setup fine in the ER605 router. When I try to setup the switch through the controller I can't see the VLANs. I tried to tag the to go through port 5 on the ER605. Not working. Any help appreciated. Macmikeal(at)mac (dot) com.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setting Up VLANS in Omada setup.
2023-02-12 02:11:15

@Macmikeal 

Everything you need is in the Settings->Wired Networks->LAN section of the controller.  There you will get 3 sub-menus Networks, Profile, Switch Settings.

Networks is where you define your subnets and which VLAN they belong to.

Profile is where you define which ports are tagged/untagged and which VLANs are present

Switch Settings allows you to edit the port profile for the specific physical ports, ie assign a profile (defined in the previous menu) suitable for ports 3/4, and another profile suitable for 5/6 etc.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 720

Replies: 1

Related Articles