New firmware required for Switch, Gateway or EAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New firmware required for Switch, Gateway or EAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
23 Reply
Re:New firmware required for Switch, Gateway or EAP
2023-03-16 14:35:21

@KimcheeGUN 

+1

Controller Version 5.9.32 OC-200 v2.0 (2.9.3) ER-605 v2.0 (2.2.0) TL-SG2008P v3.0 (3.0.5) TL-SG2008P v3.0 (3.0.5) EAP610(EU) v2.0 (1.0.2) EAP610(EU) v2.0 (1.0.2)
Options
2023-03-17 02:48:09

Hello @R.n. 

Thank you again for your feedback. I understand your eagerness to upgrade the OC200/OC300 firmware for new features and improvements. We also hope the new firmware be available soon so that our customer can experience the new features as soon as possible. However, the upcoming new firmware is a major version update, there are lots of new features and improvements to be implented, we need to be patient for the new firmware release. Your great patience is much appreciated!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-17 02:55:44

Hello @KimcheeGUN 

Thanks for your constructive suggestions. It's a good idea but note that this is TP-Link global community, the hardware testing might need the assistance from TP-Link local team. Anyway, I'll forward this to TP-Link team for further evalution. Thanks for your support!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-28 09:31:31

Fae wrote

Hello @R.n. 

Thank you again for your feedback. I understand your eagerness to upgrade the OC200/OC300 firmware for new features and improvements. We also hope the new firmware be available soon so that our customer can experience the new features as soon as possible. However, the upcoming new firmware is a major version update, there are lots of new features and improvements to be implented, we need to be patient for the new firmware release. Your great patience is much appreciated!

@Fae and that is exactly the problem, although we are waiting for the firmware for quite some time, we will still be unable to use those new features, because it is also dependent on the firmware updates of switchers, routers and access points.... So although our patience is appreciated it will probably a disappointment because of the absence of firmware updates of the other devices.....

Options
2023-03-28 13:31:08

@Fae 

Adding to the topic, I´m very interested in using the "Lock to AP" feature that was introduced in v5.9.9 of the controller.

As the OP correctly pointed, in the Release Notes the feature is listed as:

5. Added the "Lock To AP" feature. No firmware update required

But the feature is not working and some people in this forum believe that the feature needs new FW in the EAPs to work.

So, which one is correct?

Options
2023-03-29 01:21:57 - last edited 2023-03-29 01:22:35

Hello @cm--007 ,

After confirming with the Support Engineer, the "Lock to AP" new feature requires new firmware updates for Omada EAP. We will try to push the R&D team to release the firmware shortly. If you need any further assistance with the TP-Link products, please feel free to start a thread on the community or submit a ticket email to our technical support team from here.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-29 19:16:40

I think you can imitate unifi too on this regard..they have early access channels for testers, production for everybody else, both the controller and devices.

It is sad that oc controllers are not a top priority for consumer satisfaction, I have been looking for oc200-oc300-like hardware/price/power consumption and just absorb the mainteniance cost myself in order to keep it really updated.. but with little sucess..frown

Options
2023-03-29 22:34:57

KimcheeGUN wrote

@Fae 

Maybe a good idea to grab a select group of users to be "Alpha Testers" so that could speed up QA/R&D research.

Alpha testing firmware, software, and hardware. 

I would happily volunteer to help with that process.  

Good call! I'm IN

Options
Re:New firmware required for Switch, Gateway or EAP-Solution
2023-04-07 12:13:04 - last edited 2023-04-07 12:13:08

Hello @R.n., @KimcheeGUN, @cm--007 

Thank you for your great patience with the firmware release.

The beta firmware for OC200/OC300 5.9.32 was just released, please check out this post for downloading.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-04-07 13:04:04

@Fae were can I post my findings?

Options
Related Articles