EAP110-Outdoor & Deco P9 compatibility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-05 17:31:10
Model: EAP110-Outdoor   Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dear,

I am using a modem FritzBox 7490.

3 deco P9 with the mode "Point d'accès" so it s my FritzBox which is used as DHCP.

I want to extend wifi outside in the garden and my question is if it s possible to add the EAP110-Outdoor to my network and what should I change to make it work ?

Regards,

R.D.

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP110-Outdoor & Deco P9 compatibility
2023-05-05 18:28:00 - last edited 2023-05-05 18:30:00

If you plug the 110 into a LAN port, the AP itself and all users will get DHCP assigned addresses from that network. Basically plug and play once you configure the SSID on the AP. If you need to isolate the AP management from the users, it gets a bit more involved.

Note that you will like experience a brief connection drop when a mobile device is transiting from Deco to 110 coverage.  To avoid that, you'd want more of an outdoor wifi repeater than an AP, but that has performance issues.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-05-06 07:36:26

@d0ugmac1

Thank you for your answer.

By default, when i connected the P9 to my Fritzbox, I had Ip Adresses provided by the Fritzbox for the devices connected by cable and Ip Adresses provided by the 3 P9 for the wifi.

I had trouble when to make them "talk" together... I was for example not able to connect my NAS (cable) with my laptop (Wifi).

That s why i change the mode of the P9 to "Point d'accès" so that I keep the same SSID provided by the P9 everywhere, Ip adresses from the the DHCP of the Fritzbox and It s working fine. I cannot use the parental control and other tools from the P9 but it s not really a problem.

With the EAP110-Outdoor, is there that kind of option ? keeping the same SSID ? Would the Ip adresses provided by the Fritzbox or the EAP110 ?

Maybe the EAP110 is not the device I need to extend my network outside ?

Thx,

R.D.

Options
2023-05-06 11:27:43

@RaymonDub Salut.  The only mode the 110 has is Point d'access.  So yes, you can configure it with the same SSID and mot de passe    if the encryption matches, the same wifi setup will work on both Deco and 110.  As long as the 110 is cabled up to the Fritz, all will be good.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 402

Replies: 3

Related Articles