New Omada controller randomly going offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-16 10:19:23
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.30

I have just installed a fairly simple Omada system at a client's house.

BT Fibre Modem -> ER7206 Router -> POE Switch with APs and an OC200 controller.

The system is repeatedly going offline, pretty much every day for a couple of hours then coming back online. The error message in the logs is:
PPPoE bthomehub@btbroadband.com failed to connect to the server because sending PADI times out.

The error message repeats every minute give or take until the system comes back online.

All of the units are up to date and I have a couple of other systems using BT Fibre using the same settings that work fine.

I've had a google around and I think this is most likely an issue with either the line or the modem rather than the TP-Link system but I thought it would be worth checking.

Thanks in advance :)

Options
1 Reply
Re:New Omada controller randomly going offline
2023-05-16 14:06:18

@KHC_Limited 

The PADI error is a loss of communication over the PPPoE link, so definitely on the BT side of the demarc.  The only local issue might be some dodgy power plugs or wall modules, if you can rule those out, then BT should be able to do a remote check on signal levels (whether DSL or fibre).

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options