er605 Wan Always Down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

er605 Wan Always Down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
er605 Wan Always Down
er605 Wan Always Down
2023-05-16 23:07:46 - last edited 2023-05-17 00:45:47
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992

I have the ER605 trying to work as a router off the SB8200 cable modem.

It goes down daily, and struggles to come back up without a full cycle reset. I recently enabled the 2nd wan port, Wan/Lan1, and ran the second output from the modem to that.

It seems to stay up, but the original WAN port stays down with Link Down and has no means of connecting. It is so strange.

If I reverse the ethernet cables, both go down, but WAN/LAN1 is the one that has Link Up again, though its receiving from the port the first WAN claims isn't giving a connection.

There is clearly something wrong with the Interface WAN, and I'm trying to figure out if there is a fix.

I don't trust this router at all, It's hands down the worst I've ever owned, but figure I'd give it one last chance of running normally before going back to ASUS.

Is there some setting I'm missing that is causing the original WAN port to be so intermittent or downright broken?

Options
1 Reply
Re:er605 Wan Always Down
2023-05-17 07:13:06

@flabbybuns 

Is the light of the WAN ports still on?

Have you changed different cables to test?

Based on your description, it seems like the hard connection has some trouble.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 351

Replies: 1

Related Articles