Using a hardware controller in a datacenter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-12 09:21:58
Model: OC200   OC300   ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

Hi,

I have been using Omada Software Controller to manage different networks remotely, but I have been installing it in a server that was going to be in the LAN of the router.

Today I was considering the alternative of installing a hardware controller in a datacenter and managing all the different installations with a single controller and multiple sites, as opposed to what I am currently using, this being multiple controller with a single site each.

I am just wondering if this is possible or not.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Using a hardware controller in a datacenter
2023-06-12 12:39:33 - last edited 2023-06-12 12:40:03

@rlkandela 

This is possible... this is what I do with all my sites...  Make sure all the proper ports are port forwarded to a static public IP.  You could associated a DNS Domain name to the static IP also.

So when you setup a remote site, just enter the public static IP in the LAN settings of option 138.  So everything you hook up on prem (on client site) will ping back to home base.

I would make sure the hosted controller is RAM'd up if you're planning on using a guest portal... it does suck up memory though.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options