Unable to connect my EAP225

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-11 15:58:44
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french.

I'm a great beginner, this is the first time I've bought an AP with the sole purpose of broadcasting wi-fi at home (via an ethernet plug) in Standalone Mode.

When I plug it in, my AP flashes green slowly, which means it's in an isolated state (not sure what that means).

The two networks appear on my computer (TP-LinK_2.4GHz_XXXXX and TP-Link_5GHz_XXXXX) but when I try to connect wirelessly to each of them, it just says "registered" underneath (not "connected") and they are "limited" and "open".

So inevitably, when I go to "http://tplinkeap.net/", I'm told that this site is inaccessible.

What could be the problem? I don't know much about it.

Thanks for your help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to connect my EAP225
2023-07-12 03:22:15

@Stuart147 

Hi Stuart,

You can either use the Omada app on your phone to configure the AP, or it's really easiest to just plug the AP into your router (you will need a second ethernet cable to do this, ie router--POE--AP) because that way it gets an IP from the router, and when you join one of the broadcast networks, your device will also get an IP, and then you will be able to access the config page of the AP to change the network name etc.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options