[8411] Removing rules from ACL doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-26 21:37:36
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

After upgrading to version 1.1.0, when I remove a rule from ACL, a request is sent that cannot be executed and stays in a pending status. After removing all the rules, they come back after reboot device. I don't have SSH access for debugging, and I can't even check what's in the logs.

Options
5 Reply
Re:[8411] Removing rules from ACL doesn't work
2023-07-27 03:47:07

Hi @mati2762 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I got a question about your description.

Are you referring to the ER8411 being on Pending status? Are you setting up Gateway ACL?

If your answers to both questions are yes, then if the router is in Pending status, the rules are not effective at all because pending means the router is not under control and the config is not received by the router.

You can export the running log. This kind of information is not recorded in the regular log system.

If you can replicate this issue all the time, please @ me in the next reply. I will follow your case.

Please specify the firmware version of your controller. Your steps to replicate the issue. Software or hardware controller. Prepare and export your running log. And will create a case to follow it up.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-07-27 15:24:42

@Clive_A 

I am sending the video as an attachment, and it's about the status of the request (pending) when adding ACL rules. The same thing happens when removing rules. The software version of my ER8411 v1.0 is 1.1.0 Build 20230705 Rel.64091.

Regarding the logs, I don't know how to access the file system via SSH after your update. I have some interface resembling Cisco. One of the users mentioned using the "debug" command after logging in via SSH, but both the root password and the web GUI password are rejected. Is accessing this mode prohibited by TP-Link?

File:
20230727_171355.mp4Download
Options
2023-07-31 01:39:58

Hi @mati2762 

I'd appreciate if you can be more precise next time. I thought you were saying the Controller status of Pending. Which turns out to be the dev mode of the web page...

We never said there is a debug command.. Please refer to the CLI User Guide for the lines. Anything beyond that is not our responsibility. If it does not work, then you can think that it is patched.

For this issue you showed me by video, can you use the incognito mode? It seems that the web page is stuck there. It's not working at all. Could be the browser cache that causes this trouble.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-07-31 10:46:58

@Clive_A 

You have blocked my access to the file system via SSH, which is a big issue for me, after your update to version 1.1.0. Could you please include such changes in the CHANGELOG?

Regarding this bug, it persists in both Chrome and Firefox browsers, including when using incognito mode.

Options
2023-08-01 02:02:09

Hi @mati2762 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

About the access to the system file, if you cannot access it with the latest firmware, then it is what it is. Usually, that's not allowed. If that's patched, that's quite normal.

To better assist you with the ACL issue, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230800739, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 676

Replies: 5

Related Articles