Switch does not allow changing router with dhcp server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-02 13:40:46 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:41:47
Model: TL-SG1024D  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

We have a problem with a tl-sg1024d switch. When our team makes a router (With DHCP Server include)  change (Router A -> Router B), the switch don't permit the DHCP discovery from PC.
We need kwon if this switch support the router change

Options
1 Reply
Re:Switch does not allow changing router with dhcp server
2023-08-03 01:23:06 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:41:35

Hi @OscarSSJ 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This is a dummy switch, unmanaged, which means there is no configuration on this switch. The switch relies on the MAC address to store and forward traffic.

So, what you asked is pointless. The switch is not layer 3-based. Or I can say there is nothing to do with the "router change".

I suggest you check the physical connection instead. The switch is plug-and-play and should work with other devices. It's more like to be a problem with your config or physical connection.

What can I do if my PC is not working when it’s connected to the Unmanaged Switch by cable?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options