Omada EAP655-Wall slowly speed, why?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-04 22:59:02 - last edited 2023-08-25 06:57:31
Model: EAP655-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20220719 Rel. 37186

I have EAP655-Wall in my home network. One in each of the 3 rooms.

I was a bit surprised that the download and upload speeds are so poor.

I have a laptop with an Intel AX210 160MHz card and on the ASUS ZenWiFi XD6 router I had about 600 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload.

On the EAP655-Wall I have about 300 Mbps download and 150 Mbps upload in the same room as the device. I have the device set to 160 MHz for the 5 GHz network. My card supports it too.

Do you have any idea with the settings to make this download also in the ASUS area?

Should Full-Sector DFS options be enabled or disabled?

Is enabling AI Roaming for roaming a good option or leave only Fast Roaming enabled?

Is AI WLAN Optimization worth using? In the 5 GHz option, I only see optimizations to the 80 MHz frequency for the band, after optimization, it switches my 5 GHz network to the 80 MHz band with 160 MHz. Is it possible to somehow set it to leave the 160 MHz band after network optimization?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada EAP655-Wall slowly speed, why?-Solution
2023-08-07 07:29:31 - last edited 2023-08-25 06:57:31

Hi @Intense 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Intense wrote

I have a laptop with an Intel AX210 160MHz card and on the ASUS ZenWiFi XD6 router I had about 600 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload.

On the EAP655-Wall I have about 300 Mbps download and 150 Mbps upload in the same room as the device. I have the device set to 160 MHz for the 5 GHz network. My card supports it too.

To fix this issue, I suggest you check the following parameters:

1. What band do you use? 2.4GHz or 5GHz? If you are seeking constant high speed, create a dedicated 5GHz SSID. Don't integrate 2.4 and 5GHz.

2. Set the Channel Width to the highest one and that would gain the best speed for you. Yet this model supports 160MHz, this may not be commonly used on phones/laptops today. So, use it at your own discretion. This can cause SSID unavailable on some devices that don't support 160MHz. But can gain the best speed for you.

3. Check your link speed and signal strength. Weak signals lead to bad link speed. Link speed converts to real Internet speed by the formula: linkspeed*0.5-0.7 = real Internet speed.

Intense wrote

Is enabling AI Roaming for roaming a good option or leave only Fast Roaming enabled?

No to both.

EAP wall model is not compatible with the Fast Roaming technology due to its design. It's designed to be used inside the junction box. Not ideal for seamless roaming. So, it's not available on it.

New WIFI 6 Wall models now support Fast Roaming by firmware updates. Previously, the WIFI 5 Wall models don't support it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
20 Reply
Re:Omada EAP655-Wall slowly speed, why?
2023-08-05 13:45:22

Who have a good idea?

Options
Re:Omada EAP655-Wall slowly speed, why?-Solution
2023-08-07 07:29:31 - last edited 2023-08-25 06:57:31

Hi @Intense 

Intense wrote

To fix this issue, I suggest you check the following parameters:

1. What band do you use? 2.4GHz or 5GHz? If you are seeking constant high speed, create a dedicated 5GHz SSID. Don't integrate 2.4 and 5GHz.

2. Set the Channel Width to the highest one and that would gain the best speed for you. Yet this model supports 160MHz, this may not be commonly used on phones/laptops today. So, use it at your own discretion. This can cause SSID unavailable on some devices that don't support 160MHz. But can gain the best speed for you.

3. Check your link speed and signal strength. Weak signals lead to bad link speed. Link speed converts to real Internet speed by the formula: linkspeed*0.5-0.7 = real Internet speed.

Intense wrote

No to both.

EAP wall model is not compatible with the Fast Roaming technology due to its design. It's designed to be used inside the junction box. Not ideal for seamless roaming. So, it's not available on it.

New WIFI 6 Wall models now support Fast Roaming by firmware updates. Previously, the WIFI 5 Wall models don't support it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-07 21:40:11

@Clive_A 

Thanks for answer.

I have fast roaming turned on and it seems to be working fine. Additionally, I set the RSSI Threshold to -65 and it switches fine between rooms with little lag. 1. Leave Full Sector-DFS enabled? 2. I have Fast Roaming and AI Roaming turned on, should I leave it like that? 3. I have a separate 5GHz and 2.4GHz network.

Options
2023-08-08 06:23:42

Hi @Intense 

These settings have a minor effect on speed. I don't think they even relate to speed at all. (Zero effect on real experience)

WIFI 6 wall models were added with firmware support and new releases support Fast Roaming now. But that's not the key to slow speed.

As long as you are stationary and you stay close to an AP, it should be fine.

Let's get back to the question, is the slow speed resolved or not?

What's the channel width now?

What's the link speed on your computer network card when connected to the EAP WIFI?

Options
2023-08-09 00:13:06

@Clive_A 

It then tests different options to get the best speed. The speed when connected to Wi-Fi shows from 1.5 to 2.1 Gbps. 160MHz channel is ON. I did various speedtests and it comes out from 300-400 Mbps downstream. In this laptop, I have an Intel AX210 160 MHz card and some time ago on the ASUS ZenWiFi XD6 router, I reached 600 Mbps on it. I uploaded firmware version 1.20 (beta) to EAP655 but it works the same. Should I go back to version 1.00 stable? Where can I download the stable official firmware version 1.00?

Options
2023-08-09 00:54:05

Hi @Intense 

Intense wrote

@Clive_A 

It then tests different options to get the best speed. The speed when connected to Wi-Fi shows from 1.5 to 2.1 Gbps. 160MHz channel is ON. I did various speedtests and it comes out from 300-400 Mbps downstream. In this laptop, I have an Intel AX210 160 MHz card and some time ago on the ASUS ZenWiFi XD6 router, I reached 600 Mbps on it. I uploaded firmware version 1.20 (beta) to EAP655 but it works the same. Should I go back to version 1.00 stable? Where can I download the stable official firmware version 1.00?

What's your wired speed test result? If you consistently get 300-400Mbps, is your wired speed the same? If yes, then that's normal. If no, you can probably downgrade. Download for EAP655-Wall V1

Link speed is at 1.5 to 2.1Gbps which indicates a rather good WIFI connection.

Options
2023-08-09 06:10:43 - last edited 2023-08-09 06:53:15

@Clive_A 

Ok, where can I get firmware 1.0? I don't see on this site https://www.tp-link.com/pl/support/download/eap655-wall/

Wired speed test result is about 550 Mbps.

When I do a wireless test, I have red utilization... 

Strange that it works at 160 MHz and I'm next to the AP, and the speed is not even 500 Mbps ... I don't know, something is probably wrong with these EAP655, something bad ...

Options
2023-08-09 07:26:53

Hi @Intense 

Since the first release is a built-in device itself, it is not available on the official website. I am checking that now.

But I have a question never answered in the entire back-and-forth replies, what's your wired speed from the router or the EAP wall itself? Please get a screenshot of the wired speed result.

Options
2023-08-09 07:59:25

@Clive_A 

Wired speed is about 550-580 Mbps.

Ok but where can I get 1.0 firmware version now? I need do a downgrade.

Options
2023-08-09 08:18:00

Hi @Intense 

The official firmware release is pending. I don't have the timeline for its release. You can pay attention to your region website as I have reported this to the web maintenance team.

BTW, is this wired speed result from your router or EAP?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1666

Replies: 20

Related Articles