Omada EAP655-Wall slowly speed, why?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada EAP655-Wall slowly speed, why?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
20 Reply
Re:Omada EAP655-Wall slowly speed, why?
2023-08-09 08:19:17

@Clive_A 

Wired speed result from EAP655 (connect cable to AP).

Options
2023-08-09 10:11:45

@Clive_A 

Now I checked the transfer on another laptop with an AX210 card, that one had an AX201. On a laptop with an AX210 transfer wireless card, I have about 600 Mbps, so maybe it was the card's fault there?

Options
2023-08-09 13:45:35 - last edited 2023-08-09 13:48:12

@Clive_A 

AP

Just for confirmation:

I have three EAP-655 Wall access points available at home. One in each room. Will they be the optimal settings?

1. Separation of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks,
2. Bandwidth setting for 2.4GHz 40MHz, for 5GHz 160MHz,
3. Setting channel selection to Auto,
4. Setting the transmit power to high,
5. Enabling Fast Roaming, AI Roaming, DFS Full Sector, OFDMA and setting RSSI to -65 for each room, won't you set this RSSI and it will switch by itself?

Should I change or add something in these settings?

Can I have this firmware version 1.0 sent by e-mail? Latest stable version because I would like to re-upload it?

If so, I can send you an e-mail in a private message.
Alternatively, if you could provide a link where I can download this firmware?

Options
2023-08-10 01:15:36 - last edited 2023-08-10 01:15:48

Hi  @Intense 

Intense wrote

@Clive_A 

AP

Just for confirmation:

I have three EAP-655 Wall access points available at home. One in each room. Will they be the optimal settings?

5. Enabling Fast Roaming, AI Roaming, DFS Full Sector, OFDMA and setting RSSI to -65 for each room, won't you set this RSSI and it will switch by itself?

Can I have this firmware version 1.0 sent by e-mail? Latest stable version because I would like to re-upload it?

If so, I can send you an e-mail in a private message.
Alternatively, if you could provide a link where I can download this firmware?

First, I don't take private email queries. Everything goes on the record. If you need to contact us, either email our support email and someone will assign it to an agent. Or post there.

As for the firmware, it's in pending status and I am not able to offer it to you unless it's available on the official website. The download link seems to be pending as well. I cannot leak anything if it is not published by the web team.

Like I said earlier, I have reported it to the web team about this.

Like you said, this can also be a card issue. If you don't have issues on other phone or laptops, then it's the card issue. A generic suggestion would be to upgrade your NIC driver to the latest. If the issue persists on this device alone, you probably contact Intel for help. What I can do is rule out the chance that EAP has a problem. But now it seems normal.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-08-10 09:24:46

@Clive_A 

Thanks but Please answer this question :)

Just for confirmation:

Options
2023-08-11 01:33:11 - last edited 2023-08-11 01:42:04

Hi @Intense 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Intense wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks but Please answer this question :)

Just for confirmation:

Would be optimal from what I can tell.

2.4GHz should be used for devices that don't support 5GHz. I personally use 2.4GHz only for my IoT. For most phones and laptops, I'll simply connect to 5GHz. Never consider 2.4GHz if I can get an ideal signal from 5GHz.

For the last RSSI, it is not auto or dynamically adapted. So, you gotta set it manually to a value. -65 would be ideal. With this RSSI threshold, once your device reaches this level and it'll roam to another one, a smoother transition between WIFI.

You don't have to set other stuff.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-08-21 17:52:43

@Clive_A 

WHETHER A BETTER RANGE SOLUTION WILL BE OMADA EAP-655 WALL AT HOME IN EVERY ROOM OR DECO X50-POE IN EVERY ROOM?

Options
2023-08-22 01:27:12

Hi @Intense 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

That's up to you. Deco is a mesh system. Speed from Deco would be fluctuating due to the mesh. It provides the same seamless roaming and decent speed. No multi-SSID. Not Omada integrated.

Options
2023-08-22 08:16:13

@Clive_A 

ok, but when it comes to range, Deco will have better because it has omnidirectional antennas and is designed for wider signal coverage than EAP-655 only for a given room?

Options
2023-08-22 09:07:12

Hi @Intense 

You could say that. As for the EAP, it is placed half inside the wall. Usually, There is definitely some signal diminishment.

Options
Related Articles