DHCP reservation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP reservation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DHCP reservation
DHCP reservation
2023-08-07 22:14:06
Tags: #DHCP
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: v5.11.8

Hello everybody

I'am new user on Omada SDN. (v5.11.8 windows) and I have a problem regarding IP addressing with DHCP by OMADA controller.

W

hen I enable DHCP service (config->vlan interface>DHCP Server) and create a DHCP reservation (settings>services), the DHCP doesn't want to use reservation and takes a random IP number according DHCP range defined.

Issue with switch TL-SG3428 v1.0 firmware 2.0.11 or switch TL-SX3008F v1.0 firmware 1.0.5.

Can you tell me what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Home project

switch TL-SG3428 v1.0 firmware 2.0.11

switch TL-SX3008F v1.0 firmware 1.0.5

EAP670 v1.0 firmware 1.0.6 -> switch HORACO ZX-SWTG018AS 8 ports 2.5gb + 1 port SFP 10gb

Omada SDN controller v5.11.8 (windows)

Best Regards!
Options
5 Reply
Re:DHCP reservation
2023-08-08 07:49:22

@SEBAST 

i don't think you can use it because that dhcp reservation is a function from the gateway. 

if you don't have the router, then you should configure vlan on the router instead. 

in standalone mode, you can configure ip-mac binding but in controller mode, that seems to be proprietary to the gateway. and cli cannot bind IP and mac together. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-08-08 16:09:36

@Tedd404 

Thanks for your reply.

I tested in standalone mode and everything works fine...(created server POOL and reservation IP)
Unfortunately, I will use my 'internet box' to manage the DHCP/reservation and I keep the switch on the Omada controller.

Why don't implement this function if a switch can...

Is it possible to implement reservation IP for a 'switch' in the next revision of Omada? -> Admin community

Best Regards!
Options
2023-08-13 11:47:12 - last edited 2023-08-13 12:16:56

@SEBAST 

SEBAST wrote

Is it possible to implement reservation IP for a 'switch' in the next revision of Omada? -> Admin community

I would also like to have this function for switches with DHCP Server in Omada. 

The "Excluded IP Address Config" were also nice.

@SEBAST here you can read what SDN and what standalone could take (@ L3 features)

TP Link FAQ 2936

EDIT: PLEASE SEE ALSO THE FEATURE REQUEST. There are 2 request for these switch L3 features. 

TP Link Feature Request DHCP OMADA

Options
2023-08-16 16:47:57

Hi  @mainkowitsch 

The requests are old and the last one says

'After reaching out to TP-Link support, I was yet again told that what I'm trying to accomplish is not possible; that feature only applies to an Omada Router.'

I'm going back to standalone mode until an Omada controller update is available. I can't manage my home network with the ISP box and my 2 switches have DHCP so... I don't want to buy a router, I have 10 Gb fiber connection and ER8411 will be needed just for fun....

Sébastien

Best Regards!
Options
2023-08-16 18:35:21

@SEBAST 

Yeah, I saw that the requests are old but I hope that TPLink will update omada when they see that there are more upvotes and interests for this. For me it's nearly the same. I would only buy a router for a better and omada controlled dhcp server. I think that's not worth it. AND there are no TPLink router for my case. If the ER707-m2 would have a 10Gbit SFP+ Port, I would buy it. The 8411 is too expensive for my rig. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 678

Replies: 5

Tags

DHCP
Related Articles