TL-SX3008F Invalid port number.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-21 04:12:26 - last edited 2023-08-25 08:26:23
Model: TL-SX3008F  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am trying to configure my new TL-SX3008F to use 1Gi and 1.25Gi SFP modules. Each time that I attempt to configure a port I receive the glorious feedback "Invalid port number." Can someone please tell me how I am supposed to configure this device? Following are the commands I have tried:

TL-SX3008F#interface gigabitEthernet 1/0/8                             

Invalid port number.

TL-SX3008F#int gi Te1/0/7                                              

Invalid port number.

TL-SX3008F#show interface configuration

Port      State       Speed     Duplex    FlowCtrl    Description

----      -----       -----     ------    --------    -----------

Te1/0/1   Enable      10G       Full      Disable     

Te1/0/2   Enable      10G       Full      Disable     

Te1/0/3   Enable      10G       Full      Disable     

Te1/0/4   Enable      10G       Full      Disable     

Te1/0/5   Enable      10G       Full      Disable     

Te1/0/6   Enable      10G       Full      Disable     

Te1/0/7   Enable      10G       Full      Disable     

Te1/0/8   Enable      10G       Full      Disable     

TP-Link - on a side note: I have found the process to get this far to be FAR TOO COMPLICATED! The documentation provided with the device is useless! You restructured your site so much that Google is confused! Links to documentation fail! This is not service! You need to replace your QA and Project Management staff! To get to this point should have only taken me an hour at most. I have exhausted more than 5 hours trying to figure out how to connect to this device! I am truly questioning if this purchase was worthwhile!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-SX3008F Invalid port number.-Solution
2023-08-22 01:37:42 - last edited 2023-08-25 08:26:23

Hi @dusty-si 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

TL-SX3008F(UN)_V1_CLI Guide

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-sx3008f/

This is a 10G switch. Please use ten-gigabit instead.

Documents provided with the device is only simple instruction for installation which does not provide anything further about the command lines.

About other feedback, appreciate it. But I am afraid I cannot help here.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SX3008F Invalid port number.-Solution
2023-08-22 01:37:42 - last edited 2023-08-25 08:26:23

Hi @dusty-si 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

TL-SX3008F(UN)_V1_CLI Guide

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-sx3008f/

This is a 10G switch. Please use ten-gigabit instead.

Documents provided with the device is only simple instruction for installation which does not provide anything further about the command lines.

About other feedback, appreciate it. But I am afraid I cannot help here.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 1

Related Articles