Country availability of Omada Cloud-Based Controller licenses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-11 20:38:33
Tags: #License #Cloud-Based Controller

Hi TP-Link,

I am currently a happy trial user of the Omada Cloud-Based Controller and find it much faster and responsive than my OC200. I want to buy proper licenses and continue to use the CBC. The problem is that I cannot, because I am in the wrong country, Sweden. Instead of asking your customer service again, I decided to post here since I believe that more people than me are interested in the answers.

1) In which countries are Omada CBC licenses currently (Sept 2023) available for purchase?

2) Is there a roll-out plan to extend the availability to purchase the CBC licenses to other countries? Are there any estimated dates available for this roll-out?

3) Is there any specific availability date for Sweden?

Looking forward to your responses.

/HN

Options
4 Reply
Re:Country availability of Omada Cloud-Based Controller licenses
2023-09-12 07:22:40

@Haga_Nova 

Have you contacted retailers in your area? Generally speaking, for this kind of purchasing problem, you may get more accurate information by consulting sales.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-09-12 08:02:50

@Virgo 

Hi and thanks for your reply.

Yes, I reached out to Sales/Customer Service here in Sweden. Although they were very kind and responsive they could only inform me that purchase was unavailable in Sweden and suggested I could register with a new email address every 30 days and that way keep on going with trial licenses.

That is why I tried to reach out here instead. I don't doubt the Swedish representatives answered to the best of their abilities but I suspect this forum is more closely connected to the TP-Link central org that might have more info than what is relayed to branch offices?

Options
2023-09-12 12:17:38

@Haga_Nova 

in its defense... the OC200 is the lowest price/performing appliance they have.  OC300 actually responds way faster.  Comparing the hosted controller to the OC200 is like comparing apples to oranges.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-09-12 16:36:58

@KimcheeGUN 

Hi and thanks for your reply.

Yes, you are absolutely correct about that. The OC200 is a low end product but still very capable for its price point. However, from my perspective, once I experienced the speed of the Cloud-Based Controller, I was immediately hooked! :)

Connection to the CBC from the Omada app is more or less instant, regardless if I am on wifi or 4G/5G, it just feels so so smooth! It also seems to be on a faster release train than both the hardware and software based controllers since I noticed this morning that it had been updated to 5.12.

It just feels so confusing to me that they have a product I would like to buy, that is not even physical so no availability issues to take into consideration, no shipping delays or such, but due to some strange reason, it is not possible for me to give them my money.

That is also the reason for my first question. If the CBC licenses are availaible to purchase in a country where I have friends or colleagues, it would be very easy to have someone register an account, pay for the licenses with a local credit card, mail me the username and password and then receive the funds from me through international money transfer.

Unfortunately I do not know anyone on that level of trust in nethier US nor UK.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 550

Replies: 4

Tags

License
Cloud-Based Controller
Related Articles