OpenVpn Setup internet only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-18 09:43:16 - last edited 2023-09-19 08:06:52
Tags: #VPN #internet only vpn
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ER707-M2(UN)_V1.6_1.1.0 Build 20230609

Hi,

I read this article about how to setup open VPN:
https://www.tp-link.com/ae/support/faq/3633/

But how can I setup an open vpn server which only allows to the clients to use only the internet? (would be goot to not see any network device if a client connected to the vpn server)

thanks in advance
david

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OpenVpn Setup internet only -Solution
2023-09-19 07:50:27 - last edited 2023-09-19 08:06:52

Hi @dauniver 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

dauniver wrote

@Clive_A 
Thanks for your fast answer. So my use case would be:
- setup a VPN server in country A
- connect from country B to country A and, would be good to not see any local computer while connected and the vpn client would like to use netlix / disney etc...

is it possible? will the client have the same ip address as country A?

VPN server would specify what subnets are accessible. Then you should specify it accordingly which is what I said earlier.

Then you should use the Full Tunnel mode for the VPN which will forward all the traffic through the VPN tunnel and use the remote gateway as a proxy gateway.

I hope you can refer to the User Guide if some parameters are unclear to you.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:OpenVpn Setup internet only
2023-09-19 01:21:45

Hi @dauniver 

Consider setting up the ACL to block the access.

The VPN originally was supposed to allow access to the local network. This is not the conventional way.

Or you can try to put the incorrect Local Network Address on the server end. If you specify this correctly, then they have the routing table and access to reach these subnets/addresses.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-09-19 07:27:41

@Clive_A 
- connect from country B to country A and, would be good to not see any local computer while connected and the vpn client would like to use netlix / disney etc...

Options
Re:OpenVpn Setup internet only -Solution
2023-09-19 07:50:27 - last edited 2023-09-19 08:06:52

Hi @dauniver 

dauniver wrote

@Clive_A 

VPN server would specify what subnets are accessible. Then you should specify it accordingly which is what I said earlier.

Then you should use the Full Tunnel mode for the VPN which will forward all the traffic through the VPN tunnel and use the remote gateway as a proxy gateway.

I hope you can refer to the User Guide if some parameters are unclear to you.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-09-19 07:58:41

@Clive_A 

Thank you! its working!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 771

Replies: 4

Tags