EAP225 causing network to drop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-25 18:26:44 - last edited 2023-09-26 00:45:51
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 5.1

I have FIOS with a modem/router in the basement and 2 FIOS routers setup as bridges for a MoCA setup. I then bought an EAP 225 for wireless devices that plugs into one of the bridges. All worked great for a year. This weekend, power went out several times and once it was restored, I noticed random buffering and lost internet. After confirming no issues with the ISP, I began unplugging random devices. 

Pings to the internet are intermittent. As soon as I unplugged the AP, everything in the house (minus wireless) works fine. Plugged it back in, problems returned. 

My guess is that it reverted some changes? I have no idea but it's very strange. Are there any required changes on an AP for my MoCA setup?  Only the basement router/modem handles DHCP. I did notice that my AP was setup statically but no longer was after the power outage. At least, my notes show it was setup under a static IP.  I guess is that it could be a wireless device causing issues as well but I would guess it's the AP config. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP225 causing network to drop
2023-09-26 07:28:01

Hi,@Osravensandbohs 

Your assessment is reasonable, it is plausible that due to the power outage, your EAP225 device might have undergone a soft reset and might have reverted to default configurations, causing an IP conflict or some other network issue. Here are several steps that you can follow to diagnose and resolve your problem:

1. Check the IP configuration: Set up a static IP for your EAP225. Ensure that this IP is outside the DHCP range of your router or is reserved in the router to avoid IP conflicts.

2. Reset and Reconfigure: If the issue persists, you can do a factory reset on the EAP225 and reconfigure it.

3. Check MoCA Adapters: Check them and ensure they're operating correctly. Any issues with the adapters might affect the performance of devices connected to them.

4. Test with Different Devices: If possible, test with a different access point to rule out the possibility of a hardware failure in the EAP225.

Hope this will help you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 260

Replies: 1

Related Articles