Accessing TP-LINK TL-SG1016DE switch behind reverse proxy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-11 13:15:55
Model: TL-SG1016DE Ā 
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20210512 Rel.40727

Hello everyone,

I have a question about accessing my network switch behind a reverse proxy. I am running Nginx Proxy Manager in a docker container on a linux machine on the network. I have an OPNsense router and DNS set up correctly to use the reverse proxy. When I point the reverse proxy to the webUI of the switch I can access it, but there's some strange behaviour.

I can see the UI, but within it a weird "502 Bad Gateway", picture attached.

When I refresh the page a couple of times I can finally see and use the WebUI, but the "502 Bad Gateway" message stays. picture attached.

In this state I can use and edit settings in the WebUI. 

My reverse proxy settings are as follows, with some obfuscation for security.

I added the advanced settings from a config I saw online in a forum post, I don't remember which one. 

I can actually use the WebUI in the current state, but it's obviously suboptimal.

My question is how I can fix the 502 error and if there is any technical issue with getting this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Ā  1 Ā  Ā  Ā 
Ā  1 Ā  Ā  Ā 
Options
3 Reply
Re:Accessing TP-LINK TL-SG1016DE switch behind reverse proxy
2023-11-13 03:11:55

Hi @Endless8963 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

So I don't got any recommendations for this because you have used third-party stuff.

My guess is that you can try to turn off the SSL and Advanced settings about HTTPS and other stuff that encrypt the access. It might be an issue with that.

Just start with the most basic access without any security stuff. Then add more and more and see which one breaks the access.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update! ā˜›Download Beta Hereā˜š ā˜› ā˜… Configuration Guide ā˜… ā˜š ā˜› ā˜… Knowledge Base ā˜… ā˜š ā˜› ā˜… Troubleshooting Manual ā˜… ā˜š ā— Be kind and nice. ā— Stay on the topic. ā— Post details. ā— Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ā— Please don't take it for granted. ā— No email confidentiality should be violated. ā— S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Ā  2 Ā 
Ā  2 Ā 
Options
2023-11-13 07:55:56

@Clive_A thank you for the response. 

I shall give it a try.

(Are there any recommended settings for use of nginx?)

Have a nice day šŸ˜Š

Ā  0 Ā 
Ā  0 Ā 
Options
2023-11-13 08:07:12

Hi @Endless8963 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Endless8963 wrote

@Clive_A thank you for the response. 

I shall give it a try.

(Are there any recommended settings for use of nginx?)

Have a nice day šŸ˜Š

Sorry that I don't have too much knowledge in that perspective. I came across it a few times and have not considered it in my personal project yet. I think I'll try it someday but not now.. LOL.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update! ā˜›Download Beta Hereā˜š ā˜› ā˜… Configuration Guide ā˜… ā˜š ā˜› ā˜… Knowledge Base ā˜… ā˜š ā˜› ā˜… Troubleshooting Manual ā˜… ā˜š ā— Be kind and nice. ā— Stay on the topic. ā— Post details. ā— Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ā— Please don't take it for granted. ā— No email confidentiality should be violated. ā— S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Ā  0 Ā 
Ā  0 Ā 
Options