LAG between two TL-SG108E

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-21 11:05:28
Model: TL-SG108E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello all, I wonder if it is possible to connect two switches of this type together using LAG to get a low budget connection between two floors in my home.

There are two CAT5e - cables between the floors - and unfortunately no simple way to install a fresh pair of CAT6 or CAT7.

Any answers or alternative suggestions?

Options
5 Reply
Re:LAG between two TL-SG108E
2023-11-22 01:50:04

Hi @DerFredl 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This is not LAG.

Do you mean this?

Floor 1 - SG108E

|

Floor 2 - SG108E

Unless you use two cables between the SG108E, then you need to set up the LAG.

Just cascading them in the map above does not require LAG.

LAG needed:

Floor 1 - SG108E

| |

Floor 2 - SG108E

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-11-22 07:15:42

@DerFredl 

Options
2023-11-22 07:18:33
Hello Clive, the picture #2 shows the actual situation between both floors, there are two CAT5e network cables that can be used for it. For me, it seems possible to connect e.g. the cables to the ports #7 & #8 of the switch in floor A - and on the floor B (for easier understanding) also to the ports #7 & #8 of the switch located there. Is there a sample how to configure the switches properly for this? It would be fine if I can use other ports (e. g. #1 - #4) of the switches locally. Best Regards and thanks for help!
Options
2023-11-24 02:31:18

Hi @DerFredl 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

User Guide

You can refer to this - Chapter 4 LAG.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-11-24 13:00:21
Hi @Clive_A, thanks for the link, I will study the guide!
Options