2.5gbps uplink on EAP670 speed not as expected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2.5gbps uplink on EAP670 speed not as expected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:2.5gbps uplink on EAP670 speed not as expected
2024-01-20 14:22:32

@chi844 

I can’t really tell whether it is possible or not to fully utilize the 2.5G link on EAP670 for a simple reason that I do not own EAP670 myself. My previous messages were about the testing itself. They were not to say that you could reach 2.5 Gb/s on that uplink.

I do not care much about Wi-Fi being supper fast, but prompted by you posting and having some free time, I did some testing similar to yours on one of my EAP660 HD. The testing was done in a similar environment as yours and the results I got were also very similar to yours. In my testing, I reached 100% utilization of the 5GHz channel, but the utilization was jumping up and down all the time. It was dropping from 100% almost to the bottom fast and jumping all the way fast to the top again. At the same time, the controller was reporting a massive number of retries and the rate of them was also jumping up and down. I guess those retries were affecting the utilization. I also ran some longer tests, like 5 min and more, and reached the point that I was no longer able to reach 100% utilization. I guess either the AP or the sever became overheated and switched to the lower processing speed. That’s really all I can say about it. I have developed rather low expectations as to Wi-Fi in general long time ago so I just leave it like that.

Kris K
Options
Re:2.5gbps uplink on EAP670 speed not as expected
2024-01-24 18:25:57

@chi844 With the EAP670, I've managed to reach up to 800mb/s. This is due to the 5GHz frequency's limitation with an 80MHz channel width. However, with a device that supports 160MHz, you can expect speeds up to 1.5gb/s

Options