OpenVPN Connection Timeout

OpenVPN Connection Timeout

20 Reply
Re:OpenVPN Connection Timeout
2024-02-19 01:18:54

Hi @IIIdefconIII 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

IIIdefconIII wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive, im not bad/sad im just trying to tell you that i feel misunderstood and what im trying to say as well, before i migrated the full local network to omada everything was working just fine. Also with that VPN Connection, i also tried to post all the information you need for the research. Hereby im sending the WAN screenshots.

I have suffered a non-congenital brain injury a had internal brain bleedings back in March 2022, I went down into a coma, which I luckily survived, with a lot of random factors I did survive. I'm getting back on my feet's. I dont want to sound mad because im not. But working as a international cloud engineer, this is kinda .... you can fill in the dots...

I know that illness is not easy. Don't wanna comment too much on this but sorry to hear that you had a bad(hard) time. Get some walks or light workouts, eat healthily, get a good routine, and good sleep. That'd be my best suggestion to get back on your feet. Hope you can get better. Keep it up.

Here are several mistakes in your config.

1. The Public IP is a private one. You should either port forward this IP on your first NAT. 10.3.10.1 and the OVPN service port you set on the Omada router. Not port forward on ER605 like what you sent to me previously. 

Or you gotta turn your modem(router) into a modem in bridge mode. If your modem has been set to bridge mode and very positive about this, you should contact your ISP about your WAN IP address. You are not getting a public IP address. So you should fix this first. This is the reason why it does not connect, it is your public IP address, not a real public one.

2. Your LAN and WAN IP should not be in the same subnet. Since your WAN seems to be set in 10.3.10.0/?, you should change the default VLAN 1 to a different subnet to avoid any overlap.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:OpenVPN Connection Timeout 2
2024-02-19 13:39:20 - last edited 2024-02-19 13:44:34

@Clive_A 

hi just replys by email but its almost like misconfiguration nbecasue my post isnt updated.

Here is the content from my email i have send to community email, now when pasting the whole email here im gettin the error that this message containt a invalid title or illigal external url while those are images just copy pasted form the email i have send

For some reason i cant paste this line in the next message)

```I was actually trying to find the (v/lan1) settings.. I think you meant (v/lan10) I could find any settings getting to set another WAN address```

Ah i found out that putting this line directly under a picture the forum system is refusing it, with another ENTER it does work. Mayby you can escalate this further inside the teams about it. But i managed to get the post how i wanted it.

Options
2024-02-19 13:40:00 - last edited 2024-02-19 13:43:33

@Clive_A 

```I was actually trying to find the (v/lan1) settings.. I think you meant (v/lan10) I could find any settings getting to set another WAN address```

This is the VLAN 10 setup. Ill call my buddy that works on the ISP I have soon to double check if it’s on bridge mode. Where I can find now reason it’s not. Well maybe they did some stuff in the neighborhood patch closed and like did a force reset on all modems connected to it but I will know that very soon.
Likewise I cant Access the modem page, because its in bridge so my best guest is that it is in bridge, but my buddy can confirm soon when he got time to call back.

Options
2024-02-20 07:15:37

Hi @IIIdefconIII 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

IIIdefconIII wrote

@Clive_A 

This is the VLAN 10 setup. Ill call my buddy that works on the ISP I have soon to double check if it’s on bridge mode. Where I can find now reason it’s not. Well maybe they did some stuff in the neighborhood patch closed and like did a force reset on all modems connected to it but I will know that very soon.
Likewise I cant Access the modem page, because its in bridge so my best guest is that it is in bridge, but my buddy can confirm soon when he got time to call back.

I don't need you to read your IP on this.

All I need is to get your x.56.y.46 IP is showing up on the router's WAN status.

It needs to be here. Not by looking up "what's my IP". No, that is not correct.

I have iterated that you have double-NAT and you should get this fixed. Everyone has a public IP address either way, but it matters if it is on the router WAN or not. If no, you are not actually connected to the Internet directly instead of bypassing some kind of router and you are behind a LAN.

And in this situation, you are not gonna be able to set up a server. Any kind including VPN server.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-03-03 22:13:07
can you help me another moment for this one? still fighting against the vpn not working :(
Options
2024-03-06 21:23:58 - last edited 2024-03-06 21:29:26

still trying to setup the openvp whenever i have the time doing it, the openvpn of my server with a port redirected to the server work perfect fine without any issues, when setting up openvpn server in omada, it keeps failing me with several errors. Today im getting:
Error message: openSSLContext:
SSL_CTX_use_certificate failed: error:0A00018FSSL routines::ee key too small

Any more support would be very nice, @Clive maybe you can help me further?

Options
2024-03-14 22:02:33

@IIIdefconIII 

Official tp link is now looking at it

Options
2024-04-13 00:47:36

@IIIdefconIII 

a few weeks later,... still having issues with omada, probably going to trash it and goin back to vigoracs

Options
2024-04-14 23:19:40

@IIIdefconIII 

tp link not doing ANYTHING to solve this, i fxied it myslf, bye bye omada never going to introduce it to busenisses jsut going for vigoracs

Options
2024-04-18 00:29:09

@IIIdefconIII 

2024-02-19 02:18:54

mate...

2024-02-19 02:18:54

you not serious

Options
Related Articles