Eap610-Outdoor isolating EAP225's in mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-18 01:28:01
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.25

I've been experiencing issues with the latest firmware 1.2.5 rel 68928. Several times since I've upgraded my 2 eap610-outdoor aps, they have caused the downstream eap225-outdoor units to become isolated and disconnected. A reboot of the eap610 resolves the problem for a week or so, but then the problem occurs again. It also blocks some clients from having Internet access, but not all.

Seems like there is a bug in the latest firmware, as this wasn't happening before as often (I saw the same problem maybe once in a year). Maybe some sort of memory leak?

There is ample signal (55db or so in 5ghz) , and no interference (out in the middle of nowhere). I don't have the radar thing enabled, so I don't think that is the problem.

I'm going to set up a reboot schedule to try to manage the issue, but thought this needed to be reported.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Eap610-Outdoor isolating EAP225's in mesh
2024-02-18 15:20:28

@dononeil 

I recall something similar a while back.  In that case reversing the APs seemed to fix things, ie 225 as root and 610 as wireless.  I know that is not likely feasible for you but more for TPlink engineers to think about.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 276

Replies: 1

Related Articles