Missing/unstable routes in the same subnet/VLAN for ER605/EAP653/T1500G-10PS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-19 14:55:09 - last edited 2024-02-20 01:33:07
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have a setup with an ER605 V2, two EAP653 and an T1500G-10PS (hardware V1, upgraded to FW V2). All devices are running the most recent firmware.

Sometimes, I cannot get a connection between devices connected to the network. It occurs, IMO, unpredictably, for both devices connected via WiFi and devices connected via LAN (on the switch). I have everything running on the same default LAN interface (VLAN 1) in the same subnet (192.168.178.0/24), with no VLANs configured on the WiFi Networks.

There are no ACL routes blocking anything, and a restart of the router or switch, or sometimes a reconnection via the Omada controller of the client devices allows access to the devices again. Is there something specific I could look into further or am I stumbling upon some hardware bug somewhere?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Missing/unstable routes in the same subnet/VLAN for ER605/EAP653/T1500G-10PS
2024-02-20 01:32:55

Hi @heinzpeda 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

One by one.

So, is this a wired, wireless or wired and wireless issue?

Have you tried to replace the cables and see if there is any improvement?

Narrow down the issue, have you tried to use a single wired device to the router and to the switch individually to see if this is a problem on the router or switch?

Anything you find helpful after reading this guide can provide on the forum?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-02-26 16:59:17

I am not yet entirely sure what caused the issues, but until today I did not encounter them again. Either it was some Port Blocking in my switch, old routing tables in the switch, general bad luck, or weird tailscale subnet exposure configurations causing problems via my NAS and Raspberry Pi (although these devices were not really involved here). It seems to be working fine now

Options
2024-02-27 05:58:40

Hi @heinzpeda

heinzpeda wrote

I am not yet entirely sure what caused the issues, but until today I did not encounter them again. Either it was some Port Blocking in my switch, old routing tables in the switch, general bad luck, or weird tailscale subnet exposure configurations causing problems via my NAS and Raspberry Pi (although these devices were not really involved here). It seems to be working fine now

You probably should watch your Tailscale. How you set it up would affect your local network access as well. That's what I learned so far on a Linux-based server. It would simply affect my Internet access because of its settings.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 220

Replies: 3

Related Articles