DPI not correct?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DPI not correct?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DPI not correct?
DPI not correct?
2024-03-10 02:25:32
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.13.30.8

Hello all,

how good works the DPI for you?

I have a lot of Problems with it because it is very inaccurate.

My Sonos shows they used Microsoft, Teamviewer, Steam and much more. I can't really believe it.

Options
1 Reply
Re:DPI not correct?
2024-03-11 01:14:51

Hi @PHTP 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

So, I can propose a way to find it whether that's true or not.

Here's the fact first, many manufacturers are not actually hosting the servers and they find big companies like MS and Google for their cloud service. The IPs are owned by them. So they host a server and the traffic goes to them. In your DPI, or any other form of stats, that might show up like it.

You can Wireshark and find out the IP address your Sonos uses. Find some and verify them by looking up their AS. AS will show you what the IP belongs to and who registered it.

If that IP was owned by someone else but not able to update it timely, you might see a different result in that DPI.

My best suggestions are Wiresharking and finding out the IP, look for ASN. And also consult the list of IPs you find with the Sonos.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 252

Replies: 1

Related Articles