setup

ER605 v2.0 - 2.2.4 Build 20240119

OC200 - 5.13.30.20 - 1.29.4 Build 20240304

SG3428MP - 6.20.0 Build 20231019

I am trying to set a VLAN using only routing via switch

setup as bellow

Enabled interface with following settings

and a set static route to the switch main interface

If I connect device to this VLAN all works fine, so not an issue with the setup as such.

However I need to use "use fixed IP address" for a client.

Not sure if I am missing something, or this option is not available? I am able to set "use fixed IP" for VLANs created as an "interface" but not for those kinda L3 VLANs.

Is there a way how I can assign a static IP from within omada? I do have few devices on network which does not have a webUI so I cannot set a static IP directly on the device and want to avoid potential pick and mix of IP addresses when restart the network .

Thanks a lot

Options
3 Reply
Re:Fixed IP address VLAN - L3 switching
2024-04-24 01:04:29

Hi @jan7456 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

No. Try the standalone mode where you have many options in layer 3.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-04-24 07:34:13
Well, that is not really what I was hoping for. Thats mean I cannot manage the switch via Omada Controller. Are there any plans for future development to enable this when switch managed by controller?
Options
2024-04-25 05:54:34

Hi @jan7456 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

jan7456 wrote

Well, that is not really what I was hoping for. Thats mean I cannot manage the switch via Omada Controller. Are there any plans for future development to enable this when switch managed by controller?

Maybe in the future with the L3 switch. L3 has come but not sure when it will be fully adapted.

This switch is not technically L3. And with the controller, the main purpose is to use the router as the VLAN interface.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 282

Replies: 3

Related Articles