How to get omada cloud controller url to call API ?

2024-05-06 17:38:16
Tags: #Controller Installation #Omada Cloud Controller API URL
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.14.2.200

Hi All,

I'm using below access point, along with the Omada cloud controller, which is bind to below access point, I wanted to use External Portal Server authentication for the same,

however in the case of cloud controller how to get the api url metioned in the api documentation.

https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/faq/3231/

EAP225(US) v5.0

Options
6 Reply
Re:How to get omada cloud controller url to call API ?
2024-05-08 09:22:49

chamku wrote

Hi All,

I'm using below access point, along with the Omada cloud controller, which is bind to below access point, I wanted to use External Portal Server authentication for the same,

however in the case of cloud controller how to get the api url metioned in the api documentation.

https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/faq/3231/

EAP225(US) v5.0

Hi @chamku 

Can you share which steps you were stuck at from the instructions? For the URL of the cloud based controller, you can try to check it on the address of the cloud based controller, or go to global view > Settings > Platform Integration and check it via adding a new APP. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-05-09 05:22:28

@Hank21 

Thanks for the swift response, I'm bit confused now as per the document it says we have to create a operator user and then use that to generate CSRF token once that is generated use https://CONTROLLER:PORT/CONTROLLER_ID/api/v2/hotspot/extPortal/auth endpoint to authorize client when using external portal authentication.

When I checked open api, I'm able to login and generate refresh and authorization token using client secret and client id, however api/v2/hotspot/extPortal/auth is not available in open api documentation and version of open api documentation is v1 and not v2, so what is the difference between this 2 apis and which one should I use incae of omada cloud controller ?

I have also figure out that I can use below endpoint from open api to authorize client using mac.

/openapi/v1/{omadacId}/sites/{siteId}/hotspot/clients/{clientMac}/auth

Options
2024-05-14 13:31:17

@Hank21 

is there a way i can edit the voucher login portal page using api? i want to display the remaining voucher that was used.
Lets say im going to access a hotspot using voucher code, it will route to a login page where i will put the voucher code and login, after i login it will route a page where it will display the time remaining of the specific voucher that ive entered. And is there a way i could put a pause button and add a code to it?

Options
2024-05-17 00:48:28

Hi  @chamku 

The “v2” mentioned in the API request example “...../api/v2/…” is actually the version of the Omada Web API. Please note that Omada Open API currently only has the V1 version.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-05-17 00:51:17

Hi  @wickedcool13 

I can only provide Omada SDN Controller API Document

You will need to do more research on how to use this API

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-05-19 03:06:11 - last edited 2024-05-19 03:08:32

@Fae i cant even access the url http:ipaddress:443/openapi/login on my oc200 controller. I tried to test the ping of the ip address on the network tool and it has connection but i cant browse it. Website cant be reach

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 678

Replies: 6

Tags

Controller Installation
Omada Cloud Controller API URL
Related Articles