Howto replace controller with new hardware?

2024-05-19 21:21:54 - last edited 2024-05-20 06:19:54
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.7.4

What steps should I take to move the one site I have from my old controller to my new controller?

I'm running a controller configured for the cloud on an old Ubuntu 22.04 computer with Omada version 5.7.4. (PepeLePew)  

I want to replace it with a newer computer. (Ralph)  L00ney Tunes naming convention for my systems...

I've installed the latest Ubuntu 22.04 on the "new" machine (Ralph) and I installed Omada 5.13.30.8 on it.  

I am currently on the Omada screen "How would you like to set up your new controller?"

My goal is to move my one site from Pepe to Ralph so I can decommission Pepe.  

I am super confused because I don't see migration or backup options.

Is there a FAQ or a howto on this topic?  I didn't find one which seemed relevant in my search to this point.

What steps can I take next so that I can safely manage my site on Ralph and then decommission PepeLePew?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Howto replace controller with new hardware?-Solution
2024-05-20 05:51:34 - last edited 2024-05-20 06:19:54

Hi  @LeadershipGeek 

There is Migration option on Controller settings. Make sure you are on the Global view page. 

However, for controller v5.13.11.41 and above, only the configuration file from the controller with the same first-three-part version number (Major.Minor.Patch) can be imported. 

So you may need to upgrade the old controller version first, then do the migration. 

This FAQ is for old version but you can still refer to it:

How to migrate Omada Controller with the Migration feature

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Howto replace controller with new hardware?-Solution
2024-05-20 05:51:34 - last edited 2024-05-20 06:19:54

Hi  @LeadershipGeek 

There is Migration option on Controller settings. Make sure you are on the Global view page. 

However, for controller v5.13.11.41 and above, only the configuration file from the controller with the same first-three-part version number (Major.Minor.Patch) can be imported. 

So you may need to upgrade the old controller version first, then do the migration. 

This FAQ is for old version but you can still refer to it:

How to migrate Omada Controller with the Migration feature

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 200

Replies: 1

Related Articles